XHR Failed on trying to install plugins via Visual Studio code
<!-- Do you have a question? Please ask it on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/vscode. -->
<!-- Use Help > Report Issues to prefill these. -->
- VSCode Version: 1.16.0
- OS Version: Windows 10
Steps to Reproduce:
- When trying to install a plugin, i get an error XHR Failed.
- Also when i try to download the extensions manually and try to install it via the options "install from VSIX", it fails silently.
- I am behind a proxy network.
i got same problem and solved it by doing that
- Go to : Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
- Choose your connection network and ( right click on it then choose properties )
- Select " Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click on properties in the bottom of this section
- At General section click on " Use the following DNS Server address : "
- Make " Preferred DNS server : 188.8.131.52 "
- Make " Alternate DNS server : 184.108.40.206 "
- Restart VS code