profile
viewpoint
Michael Dawson mhdawson ottawa, ontario IBM Community lead for Node.js, Node.js collaborator and TSC member, IoT hacker at home.

ibmruntimes/v8ppc 91

Port of Google V8 javascript engine to PowerPC®

ibmruntimes/yieldable-json 78

Asynchronous JSON parser and stringify APIs that make use of generator patterns

ibmruntimes/node 71

This repository hosts the ports of Node.js for IBM platforms not yet upstreamed to the community (i.e. z/OS port). For community support for Linux On Z, Linux on P or AIX, please visit https://github.com/nodejs/help. Visit http://ibm.biz/nodejs-zos-support for z/OS support content, including how open PMRs and buy IBM Service and Support.

mhdawson/AlexaMqttBridge 65

Bridge between Amazon Alexa and Mqtt

ibmruntimes/v8z 40

Port of Google V8 JavaScript engine to z/OS. The Linux on Z port is maintained in the community: https://chromium.googlesource.com/v8/v8.git

mhdawson/arduino-esp8266 8

arduino-esp8266 based sensors

gireeshpunathil/report 4

diagnostic report lab material

ianwjhalliday/node 3

Node.js JavaScript runtime :sparkles::turtle::rocket::sparkles:

IBM/nodejs-in-the-cloud 3

Node.js in the Cloud tutorial

andrewlow/libuv 2

Cross-platform asychronous I/O

issue commentnodejs/node

Next 10 years of Node.js

Good point, I must have moved my internal calendar duplicate. I would have figured it out in a few minutes when nobody showed up. Talk to everybody tomorrow :)

mhdawson

comment created time in 3 hours

issue commentnodejs/node

Next 10 years of Node.js

Google doc with proposed agenda and to track discussion in the meeting today: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yWb2Djrm1uPjBwaT4OPh_Q3XJytTLdT0MVYJPqcegpU/edit

mhdawson

comment created time in 4 hours

issue openednodejs/outreach

Node.js Outreach Meeting 2020-07-21

Time

UTC Tue 21-Jul-2020 16:00 (04:00 PM):

Timezone Date/Time
US / Pacific Tue 21-Jul-2020 09:00 (09:00 AM)
US / Mountain Tue 21-Jul-2020 10:00 (10:00 AM)
US / Central Tue 21-Jul-2020 11:00 (11:00 AM)
US / Eastern Tue 21-Jul-2020 12:00 (12:00 PM)
London Tue 21-Jul-2020 17:00 (05:00 PM)
Amsterdam Tue 21-Jul-2020 18:00 (06:00 PM)
Moscow Tue 21-Jul-2020 19:00 (07:00 PM)
Chennai Tue 21-Jul-2020 21:30 (09:30 PM)
Hangzhou Wed 22-Jul-2020 00:00 (12:00 AM)
Tokyo Wed 22-Jul-2020 01:00 (01:00 AM)
Sydney Wed 22-Jul-2020 02:00 (02:00 AM)

Or in your local time:

  • http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Node.js+Foundation+Outreach+Meeting+2020-07-21&iso=20200721T16
  • or http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=04PM+UTC%2C+Jul+21%2C+2020+in+local+time

Links

Agenda

Extracted from outreach-agenda labelled issues and pull requests from the nodejs org prior to the meeting.

Invited

  • Outreach Members: @nodejs/outreach

Observers/Guests

Feel free to follow along on the YouTube live stream, or attend meeting as a guest by calling in to Zoom, using the links below. If you will be attending as a guest, please comment on this issue to let us know you'll be joining.

Notes

The agenda comes from issues labelled with outreach-agenda across all of the repositories in the nodejs org. Please label any additional issues that should be on the agenda before the meeting starts.

Joining the meeting

  • Link for participants: https://zoom.us/j/526318636
  • For those who just want to watch: https://www.youtube.com/nodejs-foundation

created time in 6 hours

issue commentnodejs/node-addon-api

Napi::TypeError::New is not an instanceof TypeError

The root cause may be related to the same issue in https://github.com/nodejs/node-addon-api/issues/764. The effects of JEST using different contexts.

rynz

comment created time in 19 hours

issue commentnodejs/node-addon-api

Is it possible to determine the type of an NAPI::Object in a non-global context?

Object.InstanceOf ends up calling napi_instanceof which has the following implementation

napi_status napi_instanceof(napi_env env,
                            napi_value object,
                            napi_value constructor,
                            bool* result) {
  NAPI_PREAMBLE(env);
  CHECK_ARG(env, object);
  CHECK_ARG(env, result);

  *result = false;

  v8::Local<v8::Object> ctor;
  v8::Local<v8::Context> context = env->context();

  CHECK_TO_OBJECT(env, context, ctor, constructor);

  if (!ctor->IsFunction()) {
    napi_throw_type_error(env,
                          "ERR_NAPI_CONS_FUNCTION",
                          "Constructor must be a function");

    return napi_set_last_error(env, napi_function_expected);
  }

  napi_status status = napi_generic_failure;

  v8::Local<v8::Value> val = v8impl::V8LocalValueFromJsValue(object);
  auto maybe_result = val->InstanceOf(context, ctor);
  CHECK_MAYBE_NOTHING(env, maybe_result, status);
  *result = maybe_result.FromJust();
  return GET_RETURN_STATUS(env);
}

I assume the problem is that mismatch between the context that was active when the env was created and the context active when the call is made.

@gabrielschulhof, @addaleax some methods call v8::Local<v8::Context> context = env->isolate->GetCurrentContext(); instead of v8::Localv8::Context context = env->context();` do you remember off hand why we would use one in some places and the other for other cases?

I'm wondering if for napi_instanceof we should be using env->isolate->GetCurrentContext(); but then that lead to the question if why/when we would use env->context().

jschlight

comment created time in 20 hours

issue commentnodejs/node-addon-api

Failed in "npm run test"

@bzoz mentioned more info would be helpful. Ideally enough so that we can add a test that would catch the failure in the future as current CI seems to be green: https://ci.nodejs.org/view/x%20-%20Abi%20stable%20module%20API/job/node-test-node-addon-api-LTS%20versions/

gzx-miller

comment created time in 20 hours

pull request commentnodejs/node-addon-api

Introduce `include_dir` for use with gyp in a scalar context

@lovell, did we just break windows for existing users with 3.0.1 or just not fix it on windows?

lovell

comment created time in 20 hours

issue commentnodejs/security-wg

Node.js Security WorkGroup Meeting 2020-07-13

@lirantal if you mean times that don't conflict with other Node.js meetings. Its the free slots in: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=nodejs.org_nr77ama8p7d7f9ajrpnu506c98%40group.calendar.google.com

mhdawson

comment created time in 20 hours

issue commentnodejs/TSC

Node.js Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting 2020-07-16

No update on build resources since last week.

mhdawson

comment created time in 20 hours

push eventopenjs-foundation/cross-project-council

Michael Dawson

commit sha 8c32ac885e8ab1bae7f4a17be268f8b6177adf56

doc: move Collaboration network to stage 2 (#557) * doc: move Collaboration network to stage 2 Signed-off-by: Michael Dawson <michael_dawson@ca.ibm.com>

view details

push time in 20 hours

PR merged openjs-foundation/cross-project-council

doc: move Collaboration network to stage 2 cross-project-council-agenda

Signed-off-by: Michael Dawson michael_dawson@ca.ibm.com

+53 -2

12 comments

5 changed files

mhdawson

pr closed time in 20 hours

pull request commentopenjs-foundation/cross-project-council

doc: move Collaboration network to stage 2

All comments addressed, enough approvers and no objections. Agreed in CPC meeting today that is was ready to land. Will land.

mhdawson

comment created time in 20 hours

Pull request review commentopenjs-foundation/cross-project-council

doc: move Collaboration network to stage 2

+# ${Collaboration Space Name}++## Champion and Participants++Who is the champion proposing the Collaboration Space ?++## Initial participants++Please provide a list of initial participants and their+background/knowledge of the space prposed.++## Description++Please provide a rough description of the collaboration space in less+than 100 words and the goals that you hope to achieve.++## Impact and users of the project++Why is the proposed area/topic important to the JavaScript Ecosystem?++## Resources++Which resources would the space need from those listed as available to

@christian-bromann done.

mhdawson

comment created time in 20 hours

pull request commentopenjs-foundation/cross-project-council

Move security reporting proposal to stage 2

We agreed in the CPC meeting today that we'd wait until the end of the week to see if there is any more feedback from the projects. If not it can land at that point.

MarcinHoppe

comment created time in 21 hours

issue commentnodejs/node

Next 10 years of Node.js

@trivikr just realized that as well. Here is the link: https://zoom.us/j/99950131676

Will add to calendar as well.

mhdawson

comment created time in 21 hours

issue commentpkgjs/support

CI run failures on 8.x

@rodion-arr also wanted to say thanks for taking a look :)

mhdawson

comment created time in a day

issue commentpkgjs/support

CI run failures on 8.x

I'd prefer not to use an older version as that might be a problem if there are security issues etc. I'm kind of thinking that even for maintainers that want to support older Node.js versions they should still also be testing/using LTS versions and so supporting only current LTS versions would be ok for this kind of tool.

mhdawson

comment created time in a day

Pull request review commentopenjs-foundation/cross-project-council

Board seat definitions and process

 CPC Chairperson or Director may serve. ## Section 8. Board Representation  There are 3 Board seats earmarked for representation from the-OpenJS Foundation projects.  The first of these board seats is filled by-the CPC Director as outlined in Section 7 on [Elections][] and is-always in place.  +OpenJS Foundation projects.

I'm not sure this is quite right, since one is to represent the CPC, the second projects and the third the supporters representative.

It might be better to be more general. Possibly "OpenJS Foundation stakeholders"

joesepi

comment created time in a day

issue closednodejs/package-maintenance

Node.js Package Maintenance Team Meeting 2020-06-02

Time

UTC Tue 02-Jun-2020 19:00 (07:00 PM):

Timezone Date/Time
US / Pacific Tue 02-Jun-2020 12:00 (12:00 PM)
US / Mountain Tue 02-Jun-2020 13:00 (01:00 PM)
US / Central Tue 02-Jun-2020 14:00 (02:00 PM)
US / Eastern Tue 02-Jun-2020 15:00 (03:00 PM)
London Tue 02-Jun-2020 20:00 (08:00 PM)
Amsterdam Tue 02-Jun-2020 21:00 (09:00 PM)
Moscow Tue 02-Jun-2020 22:00 (10:00 PM)
Chennai Wed 03-Jun-2020 00:30 (12:30 AM)
Hangzhou Wed 03-Jun-2020 03:00 (03:00 AM)
Tokyo Wed 03-Jun-2020 04:00 (04:00 AM)
Sydney Wed 03-Jun-2020 05:00 (05:00 AM)

Or in your local time:

  • http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Node.js+Foundation+Package%20Maintenance%20Team+Meeting+2020-06-02&iso=20200602T19
  • or http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=07PM+UTC%2C+Jun+02%2C+2020+in+local+time

Links

Agenda

Extracted from package-maintenance-agenda labelled issues and pull requests from the nodejs org prior to the meeting.

nodejs/package-maintenance

  • node-fetch is looking for help #360
  • [docs] Docs/issue 309 governance models #356
  • Submit sessions to Collab Summit #335
  • Issue/309 docs table of contents #333
  • Dependents tooling #327
  • Axios Outreach #322
  • PkgJS Org for WG supported tooling #271
  • Next steps on Support levels in Package.json #192

Invited

  • Package Maintenance team: @nodejs/package-maintenance

Observers/Guests

Notes

The agenda comes from issues labelled with package-maintenance-agenda across all of the repositories in the nodejs org. Please label any additional issues that should be on the agenda before the meeting starts.

Joining the meeting

  • link for participants: https://zoom.us/j/431077278
  • For those who just want to watch: https://www.youtube.com/c/nodejs+foundation/live
  • youtube admin page: https://www.youtube.com/my_live_events?filter=scheduled

closed time in a day

mhdawson

issue commentnodejs/package-maintenance

Node.js Package Maintenance Team Meeting 2020-06-02

PR for minutes: https://github.com/nodejs/package-maintenance/pull/383

mhdawson

comment created time in a day

PR opened nodejs/package-maintenance

doc: add minutes for meeting July 2

Signed-off-by: Michael Dawson michael_dawson@ca.ibm.com

+88 -0

0 comment

1 changed file

pr created time in a day

create barnchmhdawson/package-maintenance

branch : minutesJuly2

created branch time in a day

issue closednodejs/package-maintenance

Node.js Package Maintenance Team Meeting 2020-07-14

Time

UTC Tue 14-Jul-2020 13:00 (01:00 PM):

Timezone Date/Time
US / Pacific Tue 14-Jul-2020 06:00 (06:00 AM)
US / Mountain Tue 14-Jul-2020 07:00 (07:00 AM)
US / Central Tue 14-Jul-2020 08:00 (08:00 AM)
US / Eastern Tue 14-Jul-2020 09:00 (09:00 AM)
London Tue 14-Jul-2020 14:00 (02:00 PM)
Amsterdam Tue 14-Jul-2020 15:00 (03:00 PM)
Moscow Tue 14-Jul-2020 16:00 (04:00 PM)
Chennai Tue 14-Jul-2020 18:30 (06:30 PM)
Hangzhou Tue 14-Jul-2020 21:00 (09:00 PM)
Tokyo Tue 14-Jul-2020 22:00 (10:00 PM)
Sydney Tue 14-Jul-2020 23:00 (11:00 PM)

Or in your local time:

  • http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Node.js+Foundation+Package%20Maintenance%20Team+Meeting+2020-07-14&iso=20200714T13
  • or http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=01PM+UTC%2C+Jul+14%2C+2020+in+local+time

Links

Agenda

Extracted from package-maintenance-agenda labelled issues and pull requests from the nodejs org prior to the meeting.

nodejs/package-maintenance

  • Defining / documenting a process for Requests For Help (RFH) #372
  • pkgjs housekeeping: AUTHORS / LICENSE files #368
  • [docs] Docs/issue 309 governance models #356
  • Dependents tooling #327
  • PkgJS Org for WG supported tooling #271
  • Next steps on Support levels in Package.json #192

nodejs/ci-config-travis

  • Repo layout bikeshed #5

Invited

  • Package Maintenance team: @nodejs/package-maintenance

Observers/Guests

Notes

The agenda comes from issues labelled with package-maintenance-agenda across all of the repositories in the nodejs org. Please label any additional issues that should be on the agenda before the meeting starts.

Joining the meeting

  • link for participants: https://zoom.us/j/431077278
  • For those who just want to watch: https://www.youtube.com/c/nodejs+foundation/live
  • youtube admin page: https://www.youtube.com/my_live_events?filter=scheduled

closed time in a day

mhdawson

issue commentnodejs/package-maintenance

Node.js Package Maintenance Team Meeting 2020-07-14

PR for minutes: https://github.com/nodejs/package-maintenance/pull/382

mhdawson

comment created time in a day

create barnchmhdawson/package-maintenance

branch : minutesJuly14

created branch time in a day

push eventnodejs/TSC

Michael Dawson

commit sha 4fad42783d9393237cc71ac1a9a9d0d168b5464b

doc: add minutes for meeting 9 July 2020 (#891) * doc: add minutes for meeting 9 July 2020 Signed-off-by: Michael Dawson <michael_dawson@ca.ibm.com>

view details

push time in 2 days

PR merged nodejs/TSC

doc: add minutes for meeting 9 July 2020

Signed-off-by: Michael Dawson michael_dawson@ca.ibm.com

+80 -0

0 comment

1 changed file

mhdawson

pr closed time in 2 days

issue commentnodejs/security-wg

CVE-2020-8174 not published in the NVD yet

Submitted a request through the link @vdeturckheim provided.

ddillard

comment created time in 2 days

issue commentnodejs/node

Next 10 years of Node.js

@bnb maybe you can tell us a bit more about how discussion work in the meeting and we can then decide if its a fit.

mhdawson

comment created time in 2 days

issue closednodejs/build

Read-only filesystem on test-softlayer-debian9-x64-1

Build failed on test-softlayer-debian9-x64-1 due to Read-only file system. https://ci.nodejs.org/job/node-test-commit-linux/nodes=debian9-64/35914/console

16:39:01  > git config remote.origin.url git@github.com:nodejs/node.git # timeout=10
16:39:01 ERROR: Error fetching remote repo 'origin'
16:39:01 hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Failed to fetch from git@github.com:nodejs/node.git
16:39:01 	at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.fetchFrom(GitSCM.java:909)
16:39:01 	at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.retrieveChanges(GitSCM.java:1131)
16:39:01 	at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.checkout(GitSCM.java:1167)
16:39:01 	at hudson.scm.SCM.checkout(SCM.java:505)
16:39:01 	at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1206)
16:39:01 	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.defaultCheckout(AbstractBuild.java:574)
16:39:01 	at jenkins.scm.SCMCheckoutStrategy.checkout(SCMCheckoutStrategy.java:86)
16:39:01 	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:499)
16:39:01 	at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1856)
16:39:01 	at hudson.matrix.MatrixRun.run(MatrixRun.java:153)
16:39:01 	at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)
16:39:01 	at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:428)
16:39:01 Caused by: hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "git config remote.origin.url git@github.com:nodejs/node.git" returned status code 255:
16:39:01 stdout: 
16:39:01 stderr: error: could not lock config file .git/config: Read-only file system
16:39:01 
16:39:01 	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:2430)
16:39:01 	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:2360)
16:39:01 	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:2356)
16:39:01 	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommand(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1916)
16:39:01 	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommand(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1928)
16:39:01 	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.setRemoteUrl(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1542)
16:39:01 	at hudson.plugins.git.GitAPI.setRemoteUrl(GitAPI.java:160)
16:39:01 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
16:39:01 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
16:39:01 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
16:39:01 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
16:39:01 	at hudson.remoting.RemoteInvocationHandler$RPCRequest.perform(RemoteInvocationHandler.java:931)
16:39:01 	at hudson.remoting.RemoteInvocationHandler$RPCRequest.call(RemoteInvocationHandler.java:905)
16:39:01 	at hudson.remoting.RemoteInvocationHandler$RPCRequest.call(RemoteInvocationHandler.java:857)
16:39:01 	at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:211)
16:39:01 	at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:54)
16:39:01 	at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:369)
16:39:01 	at hudson.remoting.InterceptingExecutorService$1.call(InterceptingExecutorService.java:72)
16:39:01 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
16:39:01 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
16:39:01 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
16:39:01 	at hudson.remoting.Engine$1.lambda$newThread$0(Engine.java:117)
16:39:01 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
16:39:01 	Suppressed: hudson.remoting.Channel$CallSiteStackTrace: Remote call to JNLP4-connect connection from 5b.96.3ca9.ip4.static.sl-reverse.com/169.60.150.91:46912
16:39:01 		at hudson.remoting.Channel.attachCallSiteStackTrace(Channel.java:1788)
16:39:01 		at hudson.remoting.UserRequest$ExceptionResponse.retrieve(UserRequest.java:356)
16:39:01 		at hudson.remoting.Channel.call(Channel.java:998)
16:39:01 		at hudson.remoting.RemoteInvocationHandler.invoke(RemoteInvocationHandler.java:285)
16:39:01 		at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy94.setRemoteUrl(Unknown Source)
16:39:01 		at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.RemoteGitImpl.setRemoteUrl(RemoteGitImpl.java:299)
16:39:01 		at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.fetchFrom(GitSCM.java:897)
16:39:01 		at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.retrieveChanges(GitSCM.java:1131)
16:39:01 		at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.checkout(GitSCM.java:1167)
16:39:01 		at hudson.scm.SCM.checkout(SCM.java:505)
16:39:01 		at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1206)
16:39:01 		at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.defaultCheckout(AbstractBuild.java:574)
16:39:01 		at jenkins.scm.SCMCheckoutStrategy.checkout(SCMCheckoutStrategy.java:86)
16:39:01 		at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:499)
16:39:01 		at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1856)
16:39:01 		at hudson.matrix.MatrixRun.run(MatrixRun.java:153)
16:39:01 		at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)
16:39:01 		at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:428)

closed time in 2 days

richardlau

issue commentnodejs/build

Read-only filesystem on test-softlayer-debian9-x64-1

Done

richardlau

comment created time in 2 days

issue commentnodejs/security-wg

Node.js Security WorkGroup Meeting 2020-07-13

@DanielRuf sorry every 4 weeks there is a conflict and we usually move the N-API team meeting.

We did not do that this week and I was not pinged so my guess it he security wg meting did not take place/ @lirantal @vdeturckheim

mhdawson

comment created time in 2 days

push eventmhdawson/io.js

Michael Dawson

commit sha 6904325d7d59041128087813466f75b0ee5915c5

squash: fixup formatting of note

view details

push time in 2 days

PR opened nodejs/node

doc: clarify N-API version 1

Refs: https://github.com/nodejs/node-addon-api/issues/760

Clarify which version of 8.x in which N-API version 1 matches the shape in later versions like 10.x

Signed-off-by: Michael Dawson michael_dawson@ca.ibm.com

<!-- Thank you for your pull request. Please provide a description above and review the requirements below.

Bug fixes and new features should include tests and possibly benchmarks.

Contributors guide: https://github.com/nodejs/node/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md -->

Checklist

<!-- Remove items that do not apply. For completed items, change [ ] to [x]. -->

  • [X] make -j4 test (UNIX), or vcbuild test (Windows) passes
  • [X] documentation is changed or added
  • [X] commit message follows commit guidelines

<!-- Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1

By making a contribution to this project, I certify that:

(a) The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I have the right to submit it under the open source license indicated in the file; or

(b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source license and I have the right under that license to submit that work with modifications, whether created in whole or in part by me, under the same open source license (unless I am permitted to submit under a different license), as indicated in the file; or

(c) The contribution was provided directly to me by some other person who certified (a), (b) or (c) and I have not modified it.

(d) I understand and agree that this project and the contribution are public and that a record of the contribution (including all personal information I submit with it, including my sign-off) is maintained indefinitely and may be redistributed consistent with this project or the open source license(s) involved. -->

+15 -10

0 comment

1 changed file

pr created time in 2 days

create barnchmhdawson/io.js

branch : napi-version1

created branch time in 2 days

issue commentnodejs/node-addon-api

errors from node-addon-api on node 8.0.0

@devsnek it might be easiest to just do a Node.js version check and warn/error if the request is for VERSION 1 and you are using less than 8.7.0

devsnek

comment created time in 2 days

issue commentnodejs/node-addon-examples

Consider adding JSDoc-style comments to the examples

As discussed in the N-API team meeting today, sounds like a great idea.

jschlight

comment created time in 2 days

issue openednodejs/abi-stable-node

Review external examples

I meant to try to review while the PR but just did not find time. Doing what I probably should have done from the start, opening an issue here so if anybody else has time, they take a look: workshopper/goingnative#90

created time in 2 days

issue closednodejs/node-addon-api

Review/add to https://github.com/workshopper/goingnative/pull/90

I meant to try to review while the PR but just did not find time. Doing what I probably should have done from the start, opening an issue here so if anybody else has time, they take a look: https://github.com/workshopper/goingnative/pull/90

closed time in 2 days

mhdawson

issue openednodejs/node-addon-api

Review/add to https://github.com/workshopper/goingnative/pull/90

I meant to try to review while the PR but just did not find time. Doing what I probably should have done from the start, opening an issue here so if anybody else has time, they take a look: https://github.com/workshopper/goingnative/pull/90

created time in 2 days

pull request commentopenjs-foundation/cross-project-council

doc: move Collaboration network to stage 2

@christian-bromann comments addressed

mhdawson

comment created time in 2 days

push eventmhdawson/bootstrap

Michael Dawson

commit sha 7235fea9a7f70d1de1d84f85d382a24e96276f0b

address comments

view details

push time in 2 days

push eventmhdawson/bootstrap

Michael Dawson

commit sha a6b6f6f9cd65c2b861d1393280d3b3b67218da3d

Update proposals/stage-2/COLLABORATION_NETWORK/COLLABORATION_SPACE_PROGRESSION.md Co-authored-by: Christian Bromann <github@christian-bromann.com>

view details

push time in 2 days

push eventmhdawson/bootstrap

Michael Dawson

commit sha c471980015e075fa3e7c43e1f5a4936ca1a19b0a

Update proposals/stage-2/COLLABORATION_NETWORK/NEW_COLLABORATION_SPACE_APPLICATION.md Co-authored-by: Christian Bromann <github@christian-bromann.com>

view details

push time in 2 days

push eventmhdawson/bootstrap

Michael Dawson

commit sha 1ce002a8a6bd642caa944872f32ebf5d055c4407

Update proposals/stage-2/COLLABORATION_NETWORK/COLLABORATION_SPACE_PROGRESSION.md Co-authored-by: Christian Bromann <github@christian-bromann.com>

view details

push time in 2 days

issue commentnodejs/abi-stable-node

Agree on time for next 3.x release

Should be a release today.

mhdawson

comment created time in 2 days

issue commentnodejs/node-addon-api

errors from node-addon-api on node 8.0.0

@devsnek it probably does not solve your issue, but I'll open a PR to say the first version which supported the final version of 1 was 8.7.0 as that might avoid future confusion.

devsnek

comment created time in 2 days

issue commentnodejs/node-addon-api

Next 3.x release

NickNaso has mentioned that CI is green, ready to push release after meeting. No objections so @NickNaso will go ahead.

mhdawson

comment created time in 2 days

issue openednodejs/modules

Node.js Modules Team Meeting 2020-07-15

Time

UTC Wed 15-Jul-2020 19:00 (07:00 PM):

Timezone Date/Time
US / Pacific Wed 15-Jul-2020 12:00 (12:00 PM)
US / Mountain Wed 15-Jul-2020 13:00 (01:00 PM)
US / Central Wed 15-Jul-2020 14:00 (02:00 PM)
US / Eastern Wed 15-Jul-2020 15:00 (03:00 PM)
London Wed 15-Jul-2020 20:00 (08:00 PM)
Amsterdam Wed 15-Jul-2020 21:00 (09:00 PM)
Moscow Wed 15-Jul-2020 22:00 (10:00 PM)
Chennai Thu 16-Jul-2020 00:30 (12:30 AM)
Hangzhou Thu 16-Jul-2020 03:00 (03:00 AM)
Tokyo Thu 16-Jul-2020 04:00 (04:00 AM)
Sydney Thu 16-Jul-2020 05:00 (05:00 AM)

Or in your local time:

  • http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Node.js+Foundation+Modules%20Team+Meeting+2020-07-15&iso=20200715T19
  • or http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=07PM+UTC%2C+Jul+15%2C+2020+in+local+time

Links

Agenda

Extracted from modules-agenda labelled issues and pull requests from the nodejs org prior to the meeting.

nodejs/node

  • esm: Modify getFormat and getSource loader hooks #34144
  • Special treatment for package.json resolution and exports? #33460
  • module: CJS exports detection #33416

nodejs/modules

  • add API for "package dir" #516

Invited

  • Modules team: @nodejs/modules

Observers/Guests

Notes

The agenda comes from issues labelled with modules-agenda across all of the repositories in the nodejs org. Please label any additional issues that should be on the agenda before the meeting starts.

Joining the meeting

  • link for participants: https://zoom.us/j/656987750
  • For those who just want to watch: https://www.youtube.com/c/nodejs+foundation/live

created time in 2 days

issue openedopenjs-foundation/cross-project-council

OpenJS Foundation Cross Project Council Meeting 2020-07-14

Time

UTC Tue 14-Jul-2020 16:00 (04:00 PM):

Timezone Date/Time
US / Pacific Tue 14-Jul-2020 09:00 (09:00 AM)
US / Mountain Tue 14-Jul-2020 10:00 (10:00 AM)
US / Central Tue 14-Jul-2020 11:00 (11:00 AM)
US / Eastern Tue 14-Jul-2020 12:00 (12:00 PM)
London Tue 14-Jul-2020 17:00 (05:00 PM)
Amsterdam Tue 14-Jul-2020 18:00 (06:00 PM)
Moscow Tue 14-Jul-2020 19:00 (07:00 PM)
Chennai Tue 14-Jul-2020 21:30 (09:30 PM)
Hangzhou Wed 15-Jul-2020 00:00 (12:00 AM)
Tokyo Wed 15-Jul-2020 01:00 (01:00 AM)
Sydney Wed 15-Jul-2020 02:00 (02:00 AM)

Or in your local time:

  • http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Node.js+Foundation+Cross%20Project%20Council+Meeting+2020-07-14&iso=20200714T16
  • or http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=04PM+UTC%2C+Jul+14%2C+2020+in+local+time

Links

Agenda

Extracted from cross-project-council-agenda labelled issues and pull requests from the openjs-foundation org prior to the meeting.

openjs-foundation/cross-project-council

  • Board seat definitions and process #587
  • Updating the CLA to the Apache-style ICLA and CCLA #583
  • added membership program #574
  • Incubation process clarifications #567
  • Move security reporting proposal to stage 2 #566
  • doc: move Collaboration network to stage 2 #557
  • WIP doc: Goveranance changes for Collaboration Network #547
  • 2nd Director seat- post July 2020 #438
  • Add Foundation-wide copyright guidance #414
  • Responsible security disclosures #326

Invited

  • OpenJS Foundation Cross Project Council
  • OpenJS Foundation Project Maintainers
  • OpenJS Foundation Board of Directors

Observers/Guests

Notes

The agenda comes from issues labelled with cross-project-council-agenda across all of the repositories in the openjs-foundation org. Please label any additional issues that should be on the agenda before the meeting starts.

Joining the meeting

link for participants: Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/920010234

  • For those who just want to watch: https://livestream.openjsf.org

Invitees

Please use the following emoji reactions in this post to indicate your availability.

  • :+1: - Attending
  • :-1: - Not attending
  • :confused: - Not sure yet

created time in 2 days

issue openednodejs/Release

Node.js Release WorkGroup Meeting 2020-07-16

Time

UTC Thu 16-Jul-2020 15:00 (03:00 PM):

Timezone Date/Time
US / Pacific Thu 16-Jul-2020 08:00 (08:00 AM)
US / Mountain Thu 16-Jul-2020 09:00 (09:00 AM)
US / Central Thu 16-Jul-2020 10:00 (10:00 AM)
US / Eastern Thu 16-Jul-2020 11:00 (11:00 AM)
London Thu 16-Jul-2020 16:00 (04:00 PM)
Amsterdam Thu 16-Jul-2020 17:00 (05:00 PM)
Moscow Thu 16-Jul-2020 18:00 (06:00 PM)
Chennai Thu 16-Jul-2020 20:30 (08:30 PM)
Hangzhou Thu 16-Jul-2020 23:00 (11:00 PM)
Tokyo Fri 17-Jul-2020 00:00 (12:00 AM)
Sydney Fri 17-Jul-2020 01:00 (01:00 AM)

Or in your local time:

  • http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Node.js+Foundation+Release%20WorkGroup+Meeting+2020-07-16&iso=20200716T15
  • or http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=03PM+UTC%2C+Jul+16%2C+2020+in+local+time

Links

Agenda

Extracted from Release-agenda labelled issues and pull requests from the nodejs org prior to the meeting.

nodejs/Release

  • Release plan - v14.x Current #567

Invited

  • Release team: @nodejs/release
  • LTS team: @nodejs/lts

Observers/Guests

Notes

The agenda comes from issues labelled with Release-agenda across all of the repositories in the nodejs org. Please label any additional issues that should be on the agenda before the meeting starts.

Joining the meeting

Join URL: https://zoom.us/j/157618869

Invitees

Please use the following emoji reactions in this post to indicate your availability.

  • :+1: - Attending
  • :-1: - Not attending
  • :confused: - Not sure

created time in 2 days

issue openednodejs/nodejs.dev

Node.js Website Redesign Strategic Initiative Meeting 2020-07-16

Time

UTC Thu 16-Jul-2020 18:00 (06:00 PM):

Timezone Date/Time
US / Pacific Thu 16-Jul-2020 11:00 (11:00 AM)
US / Mountain Thu 16-Jul-2020 12:00 (12:00 PM)
US / Central Thu 16-Jul-2020 13:00 (01:00 PM)
US / Eastern Thu 16-Jul-2020 14:00 (02:00 PM)
London Thu 16-Jul-2020 19:00 (07:00 PM)
Amsterdam Thu 16-Jul-2020 20:00 (08:00 PM)
Moscow Thu 16-Jul-2020 21:00 (09:00 PM)
Chennai Thu 16-Jul-2020 23:30 (11:30 PM)
Hangzhou Fri 17-Jul-2020 02:00 (02:00 AM)
Tokyo Fri 17-Jul-2020 03:00 (03:00 AM)
Sydney Fri 17-Jul-2020 04:00 (04:00 AM)

Or in your local time:

  • http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Node.js+Foundation+Website%20Redesign%20Strategic%20Initiative+Meeting+2020-07-16&iso=20200716T18
  • or http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=06PM+UTC%2C+Jul+16%2C+2020+in+local+time

Links

Agenda

Extracted from wr-agenda labelled issues and pull requests from the nodejs org prior to the meeting.

nodejs/nodejs.dev

  • Diagnostics WG and Webiste Redesign WG collaboration on diagnostics guides #775
  • Use SVG Images for Node.js Features #749
  • Update CONTRIBUTING #737
  • Marketing text for homepage #637
  • Releases Page: Download Grid #261

Invited

  • Website Redesign Strategic Initiative Team: @nodejs/nodejs-dev

Observers/Guests

Notes

The agenda comes from issues labelled with wr-agenda across all of the repositories in the nodejs org. Please label any additional issues that should be on the agenda before the meeting starts.

Joining the meeting

  • Video conference link for participants: https://zoom.us/j/671293205
  • For those who just want to watch:
  • Past meetings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPYJluYC_sn_Qz_XE-YbTQ/search?query=website+redesign

Invitees

Please use the following emoji reactions in this post to indicate your availability.

  • :+1: - Attending
  • :-1: - Not attending
  • :confused: - Not sure yet

created time in 2 days

issue openednodejs/TSC

Node.js Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting 2020-07-16

Time

UTC Thu 16-Jul-2020 21:00 (09:00 PM):

Timezone Date/Time
US / Pacific Thu 16-Jul-2020 14:00 (02:00 PM)
US / Mountain Thu 16-Jul-2020 15:00 (03:00 PM)
US / Central Thu 16-Jul-2020 16:00 (04:00 PM)
US / Eastern Thu 16-Jul-2020 17:00 (05:00 PM)
London Thu 16-Jul-2020 22:00 (10:00 PM)
Amsterdam Thu 16-Jul-2020 23:00 (11:00 PM)
Moscow Fri 17-Jul-2020 00:00 (12:00 AM)
Chennai Fri 17-Jul-2020 02:30 (02:30 AM)
Hangzhou Fri 17-Jul-2020 05:00 (05:00 AM)
Tokyo Fri 17-Jul-2020 06:00 (06:00 AM)
Sydney Fri 17-Jul-2020 07:00 (07:00 AM)

Or in your local time:

  • http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Node.js+Foundation+Technical%20Steering%20Committee%20(TSC)+Meeting+2020-07-16&iso=20200716T21
  • or http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=09PM+UTC%2C+Jul+16%2C+2020+in+local+time

Links

Agenda

Extracted from tsc-agenda labelled issues and pull requests from the nodejs org prior to the meeting.

nodejs/node

  • Next 10 years of Node.js #34260
  • Proposal: create a triage team to manage the backlog #34054
  • Rename default branch from "master" to "main" or something similar #33864
  • bootstrap: include bootstrapped Environment in builtin snapshot #32984

nodejs/admin

  • Audit Google account access #389

Invited

  • Anna Henningsen @addaleax (TSC)
  • Anatoli Papirovski @apapirovski (TSC)
  • Beth Griggs @BethGriggs (TSC)
  • Ruben Bridgewater @BridgeAR (TSC)
  • Сковорода Никита Андреевич @ChALkeR (TSC)
  • Colin Ihrig @cjihrig (TSC)
  • Shelley Vohr @codebytere (TSC)
  • Daniel Bevenius @danbev (TSC)
  • Franziska Hinkelmann @fhinkel (TSC)
  • Gabriel Schulhof @gabrielschulhof (TSC)
  • Gireesh Punathil @gireeshpunathil (TSC)
  • James Snell @jasnell (TSC)
  • Joyee Cheung @joyeecheung (TSC)
  • Matheus Marchini @mmarchini (TSC)
  • Matteo Collina @mcollina (TSC)
  • Michael Dawson @mhdawson (TSC)
  • Myles Borins @MylesBorins (TSC)
  • Michaël Zasso @targos (TSC)
  • Tobias Nießen @tniessen (TSC)
  • Rich Trott @Trott (TSC)

Observers/Guests

Notes

The agenda comes from issues labelled with tsc-agenda across all of the repositories in the nodejs org. Please label any additional issues that should be on the agenda before the meeting starts.

Joining the meeting

Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/611357642 Regular password

Public participation

We stream our conference call straight to YouTube so anyone can listen to it live, it should start playing at https://www.youtube.com/c/nodejs+foundation/live when we turn it on. There's usually a short cat-herding time at the start of the meeting and then occasionally we have some quick private business to attend to before we can start recording & streaming. So be patient and it should show up.

Many of us will be on IRC in #node-dev on Freenode if you'd like to interact, we have a Q/A session scheduled at the end of the meeting if you'd like us to discuss anything in particular. @nodejs/collaborators in particular if there's anything you need from the TSC that's not worth putting on as a separate agenda item, this is a good place for that.


Invitees

Please use the following emoji reactions in this post to indicate your availability.

  • :+1: - Attending
  • :-1: - Not attending
  • :confused: - Not sure yet

created time in 2 days

push eventmhdawson/Marlin

Michael Dawson

commit sha ae7fe8fc74090266d9b2c992220d7445b61c30e5

adjust bed size for extruder config 1

view details

Michael Dawson

commit sha 9173df69cb2d8eb722bc3b7dd9e983487c3aaafc

enable BLTOUCH

view details

Michael Dawson

commit sha 9767bdfb78be6aa687b681f98450f5f8aa2232ba

disable EEPROM Easier to have it disabled while setting up

view details

Michael Dawson

commit sha 215aaf8d2d614e576a6913c4a7a3a1ea9f330b57

enable second extruder Enable second extruder so correct fan pins are used

view details

Michael Dawson

commit sha a5b31fef79308a117e401ee219159807fae1d096

fix compile failures/warnings

view details

Michael Dawson

commit sha 09629e8717d5ddf5f2ba7b2385c302455edcf6c7

more compile error fixup

view details

Michael Dawson

commit sha 8cb248fd3a0f9e5aafdb3baeb59aef60f609c5d9

adjust temp probe types

view details

push time in 3 days

push eventmhdawson/micro-app-alexa-device-bridge

Micahel Dawson

commit sha ffbc8feee51160bae59084f3d27d5c04d62fab66

update configuration

view details

push time in 5 days

issue openedopenjs-foundation/standards

OpenJS Foundation Standards Working Group Meeting 2020-07-14

Time

UTC Tue 14-Jul-2020 18:00 (06:00 PM):

Timezone Date/Time
US / Pacific Tue 14-Jul-2020 11:00 (11:00 AM)
US / Mountain Tue 14-Jul-2020 12:00 (12:00 PM)
US / Central Tue 14-Jul-2020 13:00 (01:00 PM)
US / Eastern Tue 14-Jul-2020 14:00 (02:00 PM)
London Tue 14-Jul-2020 19:00 (07:00 PM)
Amsterdam Tue 14-Jul-2020 20:00 (08:00 PM)
Moscow Tue 14-Jul-2020 21:00 (09:00 PM)
Chennai Tue 14-Jul-2020 23:30 (11:30 PM)
Hangzhou Wed 15-Jul-2020 02:00 (02:00 AM)
Tokyo Wed 15-Jul-2020 03:00 (03:00 AM)
Sydney Wed 15-Jul-2020 04:00 (04:00 AM)

Or in your local time:

  • http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Node.js+Foundation+Standards%20Working%20Group+Meeting+2020-07-14&iso=20200714T18
  • or http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=06PM+UTC%2C+Jul+14%2C+2020+in+local+time

Links

Agenda

Extracted from standards-agenda labelled issues and pull requests from the openjs-foundation org prior to the meeting.

openjs-foundation/standards

  • Discuss foundation TC39 delegate expectations #84
  • Request to participate in TC39 as OpenJS delegate #83

Invited

  • OpenJS Foundation Cross Project Council
  • OpenJS Foundation Project Maintainers
  • OpenJS Foundation Board of Directors

Observers/Guests

Notes

The agenda comes from issues labelled with standards-agenda across all of the repositories in the openjs-foundation org. Please label any additional issues that should be on the agenda before the meeting starts.

Joining the meeting

link for participants: Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/599005386

  • For those who just want to watch: https://livestream.openjsf.org

Invitees

Please use the following emoji reactions in this post to indicate your availability.

  • :+1: - Attending
  • :-1: - Not attending
  • :confused: - Not sure yet

created time in 5 days

issue commentnodejs/node-addon-api

Issue taking an ObjectWrap as a paramater in C++ from JS (2.0.2)

2.0.2 does have some changes related to objectwrap https://github.com/nodejs/node-addon-api/compare/2.0.1...2.0.2 @gabrielschulhof should any of those interacted with inheritance?

mjmacleod

comment created time in 6 days

issue commentnodejs/admin

New Repo Request: http-next

+1

Ethan-Arrowood

comment created time in 6 days

issue commentnodejs/node-addon-api

Next 3.x release

+1

mhdawson

comment created time in 6 days

push eventmhdawson/TSC

Michael Dawson

commit sha 6ad743a64bdd2975e78f8595ac7c28c6861f0ab3

Update meetings/2020-07-09.md Co-authored-by: Steven R. Loomis <srl295@gmail.com>

view details

push time in 6 days

issue commentnodejs/node-addon-api

errors from node-addon-api on node 8.0.0

@devsnek I figured as much but thought I should check. I wonder if we should update the table to say that version 1 is there as of 8.7.0 as opposed to 8.0.0 with a note to explain while it was present in earlier versions it was changing as it was still experimental.

devsnek

comment created time in 6 days

issue commentnodejs/admin

Request to create new oauth app for grafana authentication

I'm on holiday now until Monday but if help is still needed at that point I can try to catch up with @jbergstroem

jbergstroem

comment created time in 6 days

issue commentnodejs/security-wg

CVE-2020-8174 not published in the NVD yet

@vdeturckheim I don't seem to be able to find anywhere in H1 to send a question to them. Do you know how we do that? Seems strange if we have to fall back to email to do that.

ddillard

comment created time in 6 days

pull request commentnodejs/node-addon-api

Make sure wrapcallback is used

@gabrielschulhof I assume you mean by the compiler, if so that makes sense.

gabrielschulhof

comment created time in 6 days

issue commentnodejs/diagnostics

Reviving "Zones" like proposals to TC39

What was the motivator for

Also make the manual AsyncLocalStorage.run unnecessary to have the value in the store propagates along with the async flow, like what we can have with ThreadLocal.

Whether to require a run or not was discussed a fair amount as part of the Node.js ALS so it would be good to understand why it would not be part of the TC39 proposal. As mentioned by @Flarna its probably needed (in addition to other methods) to control breaking/stopping propagation.

legendecas

comment created time in 6 days

issue commentnodejs/node

Next 10 years of Node.js

@mmarchini I've not got anything like that setup for the first meeting. We should discuss how we want to organize, etc. in the first meeting. For example maybe we want a new repo, standing meeting etc which would make that possible. It's likely a good idea but think we should discuss/get some agreement how we want to work going forward before setting something up.

mhdawson

comment created time in 6 days

pull request commentnodejs/node-addon-api

src: add Addon<T> class

Overall I really like this. I think it really helps with ease of used. Just had a few comments. Once you've updated let me know and I'll LGTM.

Totally separate but something I think this helps enable and that I think it would be really cool is that instead of having to create the code to call DefineAddon(), you could just annotate the methods and we'd generate the required call to DefineAddon(), maybe something like:

 // @function increment
 Napi::Value Increment(const Napi::CallbackInfo& info) {
    return Napi::Number::New(info.Env(), ++value);
  }

It also relates a bit to the question we had about generating documentation as well as we could then also add information defines the parameters, and possibly even alias them to make code more readable. Maybe something like

 /**
  * @function increment
  * @param {number} increment_amount - amount to increment when the method is called
  * @returns {number} the incremented value
  */
 Napi::Value Increment(const Napi::CallbackInfo& info) {
    value = value + ${PARAM_increment_amount}.Uint32Value();
    return Napi::Number::New(info.Env(), value);
  }

Where ${PARAM_increment_amount} would be converted to info[0].AsNapi::Number() based on being the first parameter defined, and being defined as type number.

I think it would require a pre-processing step but that might be reasonable. Thinking about it, the same could be useful for object wrap as well

I think we could probably come up with annotations for the void* data and attributes although those are probably use infrequently enough that what I've outlined would be useful without them.

gabrielschulhof

comment created time in 6 days

Pull request review commentnodejs/node-addon-api

src: add Addon<T> class

 static Napi::Object Init(Napi::Env env, Napi::Object exports) {                                 NoArgFunction_Core,                                 nullptr,                                 &no_arg_function);-  NAPI_THROW_IF_FAILED(env, status, Napi::Object());+  NAPI_THROW_IF_FAILED_VOID(env, status);    status = napi_create_function(env,                                 "oneArgFunction",                                 NAPI_AUTO_LENGTH,                                 OneArgFunction_Core,                                 nullptr,                                 &one_arg_function);-  NAPI_THROW_IF_FAILED(env, status, Napi::Object());+  NAPI_THROW_IF_FAILED_VOID(env, status);    status = napi_create_function(env,                                 "twoArgFunction",                                 NAPI_AUTO_LENGTH,                                 TwoArgFunction_Core,                                 nullptr,                                 &two_arg_function);-  NAPI_THROW_IF_FAILED(env, status, Napi::Object());+  NAPI_THROW_IF_FAILED_VOID(env, status);    status = napi_create_function(env,                                 "threeArgFunction",                                 NAPI_AUTO_LENGTH,                                 ThreeArgFunction_Core,                                 nullptr,                                 &three_arg_function);-  NAPI_THROW_IF_FAILED(env, status, Napi::Object());+  NAPI_THROW_IF_FAILED_VOID(env, status);    status = napi_create_function(env,                                 "fourArgFunction",                                 NAPI_AUTO_LENGTH,                                 FourArgFunction_Core,                                 nullptr,                                 &four_arg_function);-  NAPI_THROW_IF_FAILED(env, status, Napi::Object());--  Napi::Object core = Napi::Object::New(env);-  core["noArgFunction"] = Napi::Value(env, no_arg_function);-  core["oneArgFunction"] = Napi::Value(env, one_arg_function);-  core["twoArgFunction"] = Napi::Value(env, two_arg_function);-  core["threeArgFunction"] = Napi::Value(env, three_arg_function);-  core["fourArgFunction"] = Napi::Value(env, four_arg_function);-  exports["core"] = core;--  Napi::Object cplusplus = Napi::Object::New(env);-  cplusplus["noArgFunction"] = Napi::Function::New(env, NoArgFunction);-  cplusplus["oneArgFunction"] = Napi::Function::New(env, OneArgFunction);-  cplusplus["twoArgFunction"] = Napi::Function::New(env, TwoArgFunction);-  cplusplus["threeArgFunction"] = Napi::Function::New(env, ThreeArgFunction);-  cplusplus["fourArgFunction"] = Napi::Function::New(env, FourArgFunction);-  exports["cplusplus"] = cplusplus;--  Napi::Object templated = Napi::Object::New(env);-  templated["noArgFunction"] = Napi::Function::New<NoArgFunction>(env);-  templated["oneArgFunction"] = Napi::Function::New<OneArgFunction>(env);-  templated["twoArgFunction"] = Napi::Function::New<TwoArgFunction>(env);-  templated["threeArgFunction"] = Napi::Function::New<ThreeArgFunction>(env);-  templated["fourArgFunction"] = Napi::Function::New<FourArgFunction>(env);-  exports["templated"] = templated;--  return exports;-}+  NAPI_THROW_IF_FAILED_VOID(env, status);

These changes mean we won't be able to run the benchmarks if the target is less than NAPI_VERSION 6.

I wonder if the changes to the benchmark code should be additive so that we get new numbers if the target is NAPI_VERSION 6 or greater as opposed to replacing the existing ones.

That would also let us keep an eye on the delta between using the additional wrapper or not.

gabrielschulhof

comment created time in 6 days

Pull request review commentnodejs/node-addon-api

src: add Addon<T> class

 struct AccessorCallbackData { // Module registration //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// +// Register an add-on based on an initializer function. #define NODE_API_MODULE(modname, regfunc)                 \-  napi_value __napi_ ## regfunc(napi_env env,             \+  static napi_value __napi_ ## regfunc(napi_env env,             \

The tests seems to compile/pass without this change. Wondering as to my its in this PR.

gabrielschulhof

comment created time in 6 days

issue commentnodejs/community-committee

Update scope of nodejs-collection

Discussed in the CommComm meeting today, seems reasonable to proceed with the recommendation to open a PR as suggested given there have been no objections.

WaleedAshraf

comment created time in 6 days

issue closednodejs/TSC

Node.js Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting 2020-07-09

Time

UTC Thu 09-Jul-2020 15:00 (03:00 PM):

Timezone Date/Time
US / Pacific Thu 09-Jul-2020 08:00 (08:00 AM)
US / Mountain Thu 09-Jul-2020 09:00 (09:00 AM)
US / Central Thu 09-Jul-2020 10:00 (10:00 AM)
US / Eastern Thu 09-Jul-2020 11:00 (11:00 AM)
London Thu 09-Jul-2020 16:00 (04:00 PM)
Amsterdam Thu 09-Jul-2020 17:00 (05:00 PM)
Moscow Thu 09-Jul-2020 18:00 (06:00 PM)
Chennai Thu 09-Jul-2020 20:30 (08:30 PM)
Hangzhou Thu 09-Jul-2020 23:00 (11:00 PM)
Tokyo Fri 10-Jul-2020 00:00 (12:00 AM)
Sydney Fri 10-Jul-2020 01:00 (01:00 AM)

Or in your local time:

  • http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Node.js+Foundation+Technical%20Steering%20Committee%20(TSC)+Meeting+2020-07-09&iso=20200709T15
  • or http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=03PM+UTC%2C+Jul+09%2C+2020+in+local+time

Links

Agenda

Extracted from tsc-agenda labelled issues and pull requests from the nodejs org prior to the meeting.

nodejs/node

  • Proposal: create a triage team to manage the backlog #34054
  • Rename default branch from "master" to "main" or something similar #33864
  • bootstrap: include bootstrapped Environment in builtin snapshot #32984

nodejs/admin

  • Audit Google account access #389

Invited

  • Anna Henningsen @addaleax (TSC)
  • Anatoli Papirovski @apapirovski (TSC)
  • Beth Griggs @BethGriggs (TSC)
  • Ruben Bridgewater @BridgeAR (TSC)
  • Сковорода Никита Андреевич @ChALkeR (TSC)
  • Colin Ihrig @cjihrig (TSC)
  • Shelley Vohr @codebytere (TSC)
  • Daniel Bevenius @danbev (TSC)
  • Franziska Hinkelmann @fhinkel (TSC)
  • Gabriel Schulhof @gabrielschulhof (TSC)
  • Gireesh Punathil @gireeshpunathil (TSC)
  • James Snell @jasnell (TSC)
  • Joyee Cheung @joyeecheung (TSC)
  • Matheus Marchini @mmarchini (TSC)
  • Matteo Collina @mcollina (TSC)
  • Michael Dawson @mhdawson (TSC)
  • Myles Borins @MylesBorins (TSC)
  • Michaël Zasso @targos (TSC)
  • Tobias Nießen @tniessen (TSC)
  • Rich Trott @Trott (TSC)

Observers/Guests

Notes

The agenda comes from issues labelled with tsc-agenda across all of the repositories in the nodejs org. Please label any additional issues that should be on the agenda before the meeting starts.

Joining the meeting

Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/611357642 Regular password

Public participation

We stream our conference call straight to YouTube so anyone can listen to it live, it should start playing at https://www.youtube.com/c/nodejs+foundation/live when we turn it on. There's usually a short cat-herding time at the start of the meeting and then occasionally we have some quick private business to attend to before we can start recording & streaming. So be patient and it should show up.

Many of us will be on IRC in #node-dev on Freenode if you'd like to interact, we have a Q/A session scheduled at the end of the meeting if you'd like us to discuss anything in particular. @nodejs/collaborators in particular if there's anything you need from the TSC that's not worth putting on as a separate agenda item, this is a good place for that.


Invitees

Please use the following emoji reactions in this post to indicate your availability.

  • :+1: - Attending
  • :-1: - Not attending
  • :confused: - Not sure yet

closed time in 6 days

mhdawson

issue commentnodejs/TSC

Node.js Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting 2020-07-09

PR for minutes https://github.com/nodejs/TSC/pull/891

mhdawson

comment created time in 6 days

PR opened nodejs/TSC

doc: add minutes for meeting 9 July 2020

Signed-off-by: Michael Dawson michael_dawson@ca.ibm.com

+79 -0

0 comment

1 changed file

pr created time in 6 days

create barnchmhdawson/TSC

branch : meeting9July

created branch time in 6 days

pull request commentopenjs-foundation/cross-project-council

Move security reporting proposal to stage 2

@MarcinHoppe, @ljharb how about the recommendation being adding the security policy to the org's .github repo if the project has an org and adding to the repo otherwise?

MarcinHoppe

comment created time in 6 days

issue commentnodejs/node

Next 10 years of Node.js

@puzpuzpuz definitely. There are going to have to be a number of sessions to cover all of the areas and we need broad participation.

mhdawson

comment created time in 6 days

issue commentnodejs/node

Next 10 years of Node.js

I had put it on the calendar, but turns out only in my calendar. Changed to be in the Node.js calendar now.

mhdawson

comment created time in 6 days

issue commentnodejs/web-server-frameworks

Session at OpenJS Collaborator Summit

Session complete closing.

mcollina

comment created time in 6 days

issue closednodejs/web-server-frameworks

Session at OpenJS Collaborator Summit

I would like to organize a session on the OpenJS Collaborator Summit about HTTP & HTTP2 & HTTP3 evolution in Node.js and invite both framework maintainers and Node.js collaborators to share their perspective.

Will that be of interest? Or do we think we could cover this during normal calls?

cc @nodejs/http as well.

closed time in 6 days

mcollina

pull request commentnodejs/node-addon-api

Bug fix: ensure include and gyp paths are relative to process working directory

@NickNaso sounds great, thanks for doing that !

lovell

comment created time in 7 days

pull request commentnodejs/node-addon-api

src: add Addon<T> class

@gabrielschulhof thanks for refactoring. Trying hard to carve out a block of time to review. Failed today but will try again tomorrow.

gabrielschulhof

comment created time in 7 days

pull request commentnodejs/node-addon-api

Bug fix: ensure include and gyp paths are relative to process working directory

Landed as 40c79263421d21d92199cbbef0533f42a434d4f4

lovell

comment created time in 7 days

push eventnodejs/node-addon-api

Lovell Fuller

commit sha 40c79263421d21d92199cbbef0533f42a434d4f4

build: ensure paths with spaces can be used Ensure include path is relative to process working directory (PWD) This allows the use of parent paths that contain whitespace, plus keeps the approach consistent with that used by nan. (The previous approach of adding double quotes did not work as intended due to node-gyp removing these on the way through.) PR-URL: https://github.com/nodejs/node-addon-api/pull/757 Reviewed-By: Michael Dawson <michael_dawson@ca.ibm.com> Reviewed-By: Nicola Del Gobbo <nicoladelgobbo@gmail.com>

view details

push time in 7 days

pull request commentnodejs/node-addon-api

Bug fix: ensure include and gyp paths are relative to process working directory

@NickNaso I think we should try to get a release out this week or next. Make sense to you ?

lovell

comment created time in 7 days

push eventmhdawson/resume

Michael Dawson

commit sha a7a9bb7eb0023c01d1768afa77c2dcff744a2f16

Add security working group AMA

view details

push time in 7 days

issue commentnodejs/TSC

Node.js Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting 2020-07-09

As an FYI we should mention - https://github.com/nodejs/node/issues/34260

mhdawson

comment created time in 7 days

issue openednodejs/node

Next 10 years of Node.js

The TSC has discussed holding a summit/sessions on the "Next 10 years of Node.js" in https://github.com/nodejs/TSC/issues/797 with a summary of potential topics in: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O4qk5iPN9_8ICJbk4svjnUnDoMcZtoUn8pMSkOHcVDk

We had a kickoff at the collaborator summit at OpenJS World 2 weeks ago. Minutes from the discussion are available here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oBC-l6lTSjKijhwXeJXgBcz4qNPDZlkj4DFKGgWNvV8/edit#heading=h.kfsrb8jml706 along with the recording here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuk5Rq7q7LM&feature=youtu.be and the attendee list here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lm8xPzoEpayzPaSM5r0KBnryamR3IvRszZdoxC4YJxw/edit

To start we talked about some key technology trends which are important to the success of Node.js going forward and then discussed if the project needed a roadmap. The discussion was trending towards working to have a higher level set of "themes/priorities" versus a specific feature roadmap. We finished up with a discussion around what gets in/small core with discussion exploring different options like a "standard library" which would be in the Node.js org but not necessarily shipped as part of the binary.

I'd like to setup the next follow on for Thursday July 16 at 12EST. I'm posting here to ensure we have visibility/participation beyond the TSC.

@nodejs/tsc, @nodejs/community-committee

to ping the attendees of the kickoff: Michael Dawson (@mhdawson) James M Snell (@jasnell) Joe Sepi (@joesepi) Robert Nagy (@ronag) Ruben Bridgewater (@BridgeAR) Bradley Farias (@bmeck) Richard Lau (@richardlau) Benjamin Gruenbaum (@benjamingr) Darcy Clarke (@darcyclarke) Divya (@shortdiv) Trivikram Kamat (@trivikr) Wes Todd (@wesleytodd) Glenn Hinks ( @ghinks ) Chris Hiller (@boneskull) Beth Griggs (@BethGriggs) Andrew Hughes (@andrewhughes101) Bryan English (@bengl) Gus Caplan (@devsnek) Dominykas Blyžė (@dominykas) Jordan Harband (@ljharb) Ruy Adorno (@ruyadorno) Jean Burellier (@sheplu) Stephen Belanger (@qard) Manil Chowdhury (@keywordnew)

created time in 7 days

issue commentnodejs/diagnostics

Node.js Diagnostics WorkGroup Meeting 2020-07-08

I'm not going to be able to make the meeting as the first half conflicts with the Security WG AMA

mhdawson

comment created time in 7 days

issue closednodejs/diagnostics

Node.js Diagnostics WorkGroup Meeting 2020-07-08

Time

UTC Wed 08-Jul-2020 16:30 (04:30 PM):

Timezone Date/Time
US / Pacific Wed 08-Jul-2020 09:30 (09:30 AM)
US / Mountain Wed 08-Jul-2020 10:30 (10:30 AM)
US / Central Wed 08-Jul-2020 11:30 (11:30 AM)
US / Eastern Wed 08-Jul-2020 12:30 (12:30 PM)
London Wed 08-Jul-2020 17:30 (05:30 PM)
Amsterdam Wed 08-Jul-2020 18:30 (06:30 PM)
Moscow Wed 08-Jul-2020 19:30 (07:30 PM)
Chennai Wed 08-Jul-2020 22:00 (10:00 PM)
Hangzhou Thu 09-Jul-2020 00:30 (12:30 AM)
Tokyo Thu 09-Jul-2020 01:30 (01:30 AM)
Sydney Thu 09-Jul-2020 02:30 (02:30 AM)

Or in your local time:

  • http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Node.js+Foundation+Diagnostics%20WorkGroup+Meeting+2020-07-08&iso=20200708T16
  • or http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=04PM+UTC%2C+Jul+08%2C+2020+in+local+time

Links

Agenda

Extracted from diag-agenda labelled issues and pull requests from the nodejs org prior to the meeting.

nodejs/diagnostics

  • Continue unified hooks discussion #401
  • discuss: node.js contributor survey #398
  • Discuss usage and support of eBPF #386
  • Reviving "Zones" like proposals to TC39 #375
  • COVID-19 and WG sittings #370
  • [async_hooks] stable API - tracking issue #124

Invited

  • Diagnostics team: @nodejs/diagnostics

Observers/Guests

Notes

The agenda comes from issues labelled with diag-agenda across all of the repositories in the nodejs org. Please label any additional issues that should be on the agenda before the meeting starts.

Joining the meeting

  • link for participants: https://zoom.us/j/466707925
  • For those who just want to watch:
  • youtube admin page: https://www.youtube.com/my_live_events?filter=scheduled

closed time in 7 days

mhdawson

issue commentnodejs/diagnostics

Node.js Diagnostics WorkGroup Meeting 2020-07-08

Duplicate, closing

mhdawson

comment created time in 7 days

issue openednodejs/package-maintenance

Node.js Package Maintenance Team Meeting 2020-07-14

Time

UTC Tue 14-Jul-2020 13:00 (01:00 PM):

Timezone Date/Time
US / Pacific Tue 14-Jul-2020 06:00 (06:00 AM)
US / Mountain Tue 14-Jul-2020 07:00 (07:00 AM)
US / Central Tue 14-Jul-2020 08:00 (08:00 AM)
US / Eastern Tue 14-Jul-2020 09:00 (09:00 AM)
London Tue 14-Jul-2020 14:00 (02:00 PM)
Amsterdam Tue 14-Jul-2020 15:00 (03:00 PM)
Moscow Tue 14-Jul-2020 16:00 (04:00 PM)
Chennai Tue 14-Jul-2020 18:30 (06:30 PM)
Hangzhou Tue 14-Jul-2020 21:00 (09:00 PM)
Tokyo Tue 14-Jul-2020 22:00 (10:00 PM)
Sydney Tue 14-Jul-2020 23:00 (11:00 PM)

Or in your local time:

  • http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Node.js+Foundation+Package%20Maintenance%20Team+Meeting+2020-07-14&iso=20200714T13
  • or http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=01PM+UTC%2C+Jul+14%2C+2020+in+local+time

Links

Agenda

Extracted from package-maintenance-agenda labelled issues and pull requests from the nodejs org prior to the meeting.

nodejs/package-maintenance

  • Defining / documenting a process for Requests For Help (RFH) #372
  • pkgjs housekeeping: AUTHORS / LICENSE files #368
  • [docs] Docs/issue 309 governance models #356
  • Dependents tooling #327
  • PkgJS Org for WG supported tooling #271
  • Next steps on Support levels in Package.json #192

nodejs/ci-config-travis

  • Repo layout bikeshed #5

Invited

  • Package Maintenance team: @nodejs/package-maintenance

Observers/Guests

Notes

The agenda comes from issues labelled with package-maintenance-agenda across all of the repositories in the nodejs org. Please label any additional issues that should be on the agenda before the meeting starts.

Joining the meeting

  • link for participants: https://zoom.us/j/431077278
  • For those who just want to watch: https://www.youtube.com/c/nodejs+foundation/live
  • youtube admin page: https://www.youtube.com/my_live_events?filter=scheduled

created time in 7 days

issue openednodejs/security-wg

Node.js Security WorkGroup Meeting 2020-07-13

Time

UTC Mon 13-Jul-2020 15:00 (03:00 PM):

Timezone Date/Time
US / Pacific Mon 13-Jul-2020 08:00 (08:00 AM)
US / Mountain Mon 13-Jul-2020 09:00 (09:00 AM)
US / Central Mon 13-Jul-2020 10:00 (10:00 AM)
US / Eastern Mon 13-Jul-2020 11:00 (11:00 AM)
London Mon 13-Jul-2020 16:00 (04:00 PM)
Amsterdam Mon 13-Jul-2020 17:00 (05:00 PM)
Moscow Mon 13-Jul-2020 18:00 (06:00 PM)
Chennai Mon 13-Jul-2020 20:30 (08:30 PM)
Hangzhou Mon 13-Jul-2020 23:00 (11:00 PM)
Tokyo Tue 14-Jul-2020 00:00 (12:00 AM)
Sydney Tue 14-Jul-2020 01:00 (01:00 AM)

Or in your local time:

  • http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Node.js+Foundation+Security%20WorkGroup+Meeting+2020-07-13&iso=20200713T15
  • or http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=03PM+UTC%2C+Jul+13%2C+2020+in+local+time

Links

Agenda

Extracted from security-wg-agenda labelled issues and pull requests from the nodejs org prior to the meeting.

nodejs/security-wg

  • Refocusing the Ecosystem Security WG on OpenJS Foundation projects #662
  • Adding myself to the Members List based on #434 #627

Invited

  • Security wg team: @nodejs/security-wg

Observers/Guests

Notes

The agenda comes from issues labelled with security-wg-agenda across all of the repositories in the nodejs org. Please label any additional issues that should be on the agenda before the meeting starts.

Joining the meeting

  • link for participants: https://zoom.us/j/405474359
  • For those who just want to watch We stream our conference call straight to YouTube so anyone can listen to it live, it should start playing at https://www.youtube.com/c/nodejs+foundation/live when we turn it on. There's usually a short cat-herding time at the start of the meeting and then occasionally we have some quick private business to attend to before we can start recording & streaming. So be patient and it should show up.
  • youtube admin page: https://www.youtube.com/my_live_events?filter=scheduled

created time in 7 days

pull request commentnodejs/node-addon-api

Bug fix: ensure include and gyp paths are relative to process working directory

@lovell is this something you've worked around or is it important to expedite a release with this change?

lovell

comment created time in 8 days

issue commentnodejs/node-addon-api

Documenting node-addon-api functions and classes

We discussed this in the N-API team meeting and the short answer is there is no good way that we know of to do what you want which we understood was JS documentation generated from C code.

@jschlight is going to do some investigation and comment as it was an area of interest for him.

gotnone

comment created time in 8 days

issue commentnodejs/node-addon-api

errors from node-addon-api on node 8.0.0

I assume you set the define to set the Napi target to version 1. Did you check if doing so with later version ex 10.x compile ok? I want to confirm that its a problem with the API provided in 8.x being different than 10.x versus problems with the guards in node-addon-api.

devsnek

comment created time in 8 days

issue commentnodejs/node

Nominating @Hakerh400 as a collaborator

+1

gireeshpunathil

comment created time in 8 days

issue commentnodejs/node

Nominating @HarshithaKP as a collaborator

+1

gireeshpunathil

comment created time in 8 days

more