A rudimentary implementation of a basic document (NoSQL) database in Go
Standalone repository for mongodb's BSON C++ Implementation
dnslink resolution in go-ipfs
[ARCHIVED] [DEPRECATED] logging the development of an interplanetary filesystem
Simple tarball encryption
d3.js-based tool to visualize network communication for arbitrary protocols
package manager for datasets
Software from scratch. An OS with the heart of a database.
- economically, it's bad for the filecoin economy to have its block reward subsidize a deal market outside the filecoin economy. we should not support arbitrary data from external deal markets in CC sectors.
- product wise, it's bad for the filecoin storage networks to have deals happening in storage markets it cannot see
- instead, we should work to decrease the costs and burdens of doing deals in the filecoin storage market (and we are). gas costs are already down thanks to hyperdrive. larger-than-sector deals help as well. So will Neutron and similar proposals. Scaling/sharding will help a ton in the future.
- also, it's worth noting that if miners want to do this right now, they can by doing one sector-size unverified self-deal. it's not very expensive in gas, and it's some small payments to the Filecoin Network for using the block reward subsidy outside the network.
comment created time in 19 days
started time in a month
PR opened ipfs-shipyard/ipfs-hubot
Protocol Labs has been relying on this hubot for ~3 years now. not really experimental anymore.
Warning: drive-by PR. i havent tested running this patch. it's possible it's broken. 🤷
pr created time in 2 months
There are many folks looking at this, and I hear many people want to build this before the end of 2021. I would love to see this happen, and would be very supportive of such a FIP.
comment created time in 2 months
Full smart contract capabilities will come to Filecoin, it has been in the plans since the beginning. Many people ask this, so i'm starting this issue to track the conversation. We should submit proper FIPs to add the capabilities.
- Choice of VM was unclear. The choice of VM is an important question. Originally we wanted to use the EVM. Then, 2 or 3 years ago it it was not clear whether the EVM would become the main standard or whether other VMs (eg WASM or JS based VMs) would overtake it.
- Many-VM approach. The approach i have recommended for the last few years is to enable support for the most important VMs in Filecoin (like a hypervisor), starting with the EVM.
- Start with the EVM. It is very clear now that the EVM has become THE smart contracts standard. There are other very exciting contenders, but I think we should start by adding the EVM. This will connect well with all the Dapps that already use IPFS and Filecoin, as well as the vast majority of NFTs and Oracles.
- JS and WASM later. Keep an eye on WASM and JS based VMs. Systems like Agoric are fleshing out their capabilities and could be very compelling smart contract systems for Filecoin.
created time in 2 months