Web Speech API
Request for Mozilla Position on an Emerging Web Specification
- Specification Title: Web Speech API - SpeechRecognition API
- Specification or proposal URL: https://w3c.github.io/speech-api/
- Caniuse.com URL (optional): https://caniuse.com/#search=SpeechRecognition
- Bugzilla URL (optional): https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1248897
- Mozillians who can provide input (optional): @martinthomson @jan-ivar
- Is this spec good for the web?
- Is it the right thing to put it in the browser?
That we aspire to be welcoming hosts does not entitle guests in our house to act as they please, and that's quite enough of that.
If you have something constructive you'd like to add to this discussion and find that you cannot, feel free to contact me directly to discuss it.