Paste to Upload Ask questions
As an editor I want to be able to paste a file which will also upload it to the media library.
Note: This is a followup to #231
Do not alter or remove anything below. The following sections will be managed by moderators only.
- This should behave like drag and drop from local filesystem or other browser window to Workspace:
- After pasting, the media shows up instantly in the panel. (DONE)
- Behind the scenes, the editor will try to upload the image and if that fails, we will show an error message. (DONE)
- Pasting instantiates a new element with the media asset on the current page.
- The position of the element is not dependent on anything, the Workspace is considered a single drop zone for this action, and we will automatically put the element in a sensible, visible position as topmost layer.
- After pasting preview of the file is available
- Once the file is uploaded switch from a preview to the fully qualified URL
- GIFS should be able to be pasted (currently uploaded as png when pasted) See comments in #677
Alpha / Current state:
- After pasting, the file name is pasted as a textbox onto the page but I also see the file showing up in the library panel
This seems like a weirdly big issue, I think a bunch of these things are done? @jauyong and @spacedmonkey can you please close and file more specific follow ups for the outstanding work?