Call To Action Links Ask questions
As an editor I want to be able to add CTA links to a page
Feature Brief - Product spec: Links
- The Stories Format supports 2 types of CTA: 1-tap (Annotated) and 2-tap (Bottom Of The Page) links
- You can only have one special element on the top grid layer. This means you:
Can only have a 1-Tap CTA OR a page attachment but not both on a page
Can have 2-Tap links with either a 1-Tap link OR a page attachment on the same page
Can have as many 2-Tap links on the page as you want
- 1-click links, we only allow one CTA layer per page, but that layer can contain multiple 1-click links
First tap opens a tooltip to expose a link out icon which when tap on takes you to the desired location.
You can think of 1-Tap CTA as a grouping of links that must reside in a container on the bottom 20% of the page.
See the Design for more details
- [x] Initial link implementation with 2-tap only
- [x] Fetch page description and image (requires server-side code) + loading state indicators
- [x] Ability to change the description and image
- [x] Visual guide for 2-tap / 1-tap + automatic conversion
- [x] URL Validation
- [x] Navigation & system layer safe zone
- [x] Instruction modal
- [ ] Keyboard shortcuts
- [ ] Interaction with drop targets
- [ ] Inline text links
Closing this for now, due to de-prioritization of 1-tap links.