profile
viewpoint
QuietMisdreavus QuietMisdreavus denver, co (UTC-7) https://twitter.com/QuietMisdreavus that one ghost on the @rust-lang docs.rs team [she/they]

QuietMisdreavus/handler_map 13

map from types to functions that receive them

QuietMisdreavus/polyester 10

parallel iterator consumers for rust

QuietMisdreavus/init-with-rs 7

initialize a fixed array with a per-element initialization function

hawkw/natatorium 6

"natatorium" is a fancy word for "swimming pool"

QuietMisdreavus/kindlizer 6

sketch: render articles to docx

QuietMisdreavus/PluginColorExtract 5

Rainmeter plugin to extract interface colors from an image

QuietMisdreavus/mp4tag-rs 3

[sketch] parse itunes tags from mp4/aac files

QuietMisdreavus/pokedex-bot 3

Drifloon, An IRC bot that can provide information about Pokemon

QuietMisdreavus/dotfiles 2

config files

QuietMisdreavus/movesets-bot 2

pull up random pokemon movesets

push eventQuietMisdreavus/vida

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 07abe5030f5897b629a8a5aa25d093da8e6a8795

don't put the license in the rendered site

view details

push time in 13 hours

push eventQuietMisdreavus/quietmisdreavus.net

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha fcbaa1715ccddc2e0164a3c16cc4804107babbf6

update theme with edits from when i extracted it

view details

push time in 14 hours

push eventQuietMisdreavus/vida

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 94d7c6077558a7196c9d7320390cf8d082e3cb56

ignore the jekyll cache

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 31ac897b00bfa1020e5e0169192b71b3026d9cc7

ignore drafts folder

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 8c3bb6bfa6074656889fd0d2233bd84470e5586a

don't import Merriwether font

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 78bf7c0ebff196cee91ea19d256a735a64129a96

remove third-party services from config and layouts

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 9913a53d886e84975facfa4db2b2cf68fdd8d71e

make post titles smaller

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha ec1e92f78b0bdf1446cd4e98705693c1ad34d03e

add "all posts" rss feed

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 80a077079bbad5d3bd1ed4cec9779e4661dc64e7

add post title to page title

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 4d111aafb377fb5917cc17e54e2a916bd8d25daa

don't render the readme into the site

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 70db608d86847aec04f4dfcb6441b6f1126cc1ff

fix author information for rss

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 02d355390415e643b57e2d64420a4b74b1e3968a

add title to index page

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha d77ccc8affcb31ae6d82885b2bec01c9e18f75c0

add OpenGraph info to posts

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha f81bbf963fc988101d98636d158657a3c14e2507

render descriptions onto the main page

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha fcc2933aa16f1ac06491b0b68115d0420d0cd15b

update readme and license

view details

push time in 14 hours

fork QuietMisdreavus/vida

A simple and beautiful jekyll theme.

https://syaning.github.io/vida/

fork in 16 hours

startedsyaning/vida

started time in 19 hours

push eventQuietMisdreavus/quietmisdreavus.net

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha c2e1c548c82644b3f6346bc4d60b8e810531065a

rust ghost, signing off

view details

push time in 8 days

delete branch QuietMisdreavus/rust

delete branch : do-not-pass-go

delete time in 14 days

startede2e8/rainmeter-jsonparser

started time in 19 days

push eventQuietMisdreavus/TagExperiments

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 86298a09c8881aea8764950c4427450372fd8c7e

add missing doc comment

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha dba7a7bb17c0fdb2b40f1d464187ab7fdd8396ae

add query to check for mismatched ReplayGain tags

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 2e90dd65748084f3118a57dd86bc28c5b989007e

update queries on form load and after importing a directory

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 2eca33c65e972ec5a3ae9539dc29aa81ef6f7fdb

update main window title

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha cd9f864f8a547879a8990c8d6e3b883dbab1f32f

use menus in MainWindow instead of buttons

view details

push time in a month

push eventQuietMisdreavus/TagExperiments

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 6dcfa9e9e6628ba14db073c37671ddb75457c19b

add ReplayGain tags to track info since TagLib# doesn't allow accessing "custom tags" through the unified interface, these have to be read via the format-specific mechanisms. thankfully all the metadata is stored in the format-specific tag containers, so with a little foreknowledge of the tag format and the fields we're looking for, we can load in the ones we want.

view details

push time in a month

push eventQuietMisdreavus/TagExperiments

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 1d6fba6c538e391eebedb5a11ff1440de0fb329e

only update queries if we actually processed events

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha b370ed845756f3a3f0001f2423c43c740ab96636

seal Database to silence Code Analysis warning about Dispose

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha a08b5943f5d51e543175d158ec52624360bbf90b

implement IDisposable for MainWindow Code Analysis uncovered some disposable class properties on MainWindow, so this allows it to properly track them and make sure that they're properly cleaned up

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 3f1561e938fc0de8379b9a7c186027b6fc311bd2

add WatchDirButton to ToggleButtons

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 813737aca7f0feee4ae29c6393254c348026365e

dispose dialogs used in button handlers

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha bbef636bfaf58603928aa4a8ac5854c8b05b8a82

don't mask file lock errors in PushTrackToDisk

view details

push time in a month

push eventQuietMisdreavus/TagExperiments

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 77b2942dfc4e4670b6d6aca9c8e70fa1d7c573b3

add query for tracks missing Track Count tags

view details

push time in a month

push eventQuietMisdreavus/TagExperiments

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 467b5bd2ac719d398504cb057d0a3d968f88c8fc

emit a notification when disc corruption happens

view details

push time in a month

push eventQuietMisdreavus/TagExperiments

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha e23c96106e0d83fb30965fa609b41cd65934d905

add a query for albums with mismatched date tags

view details

push time in a month

push eventQuietMisdreavus/TagExperiments

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha dc9062e5b82cfd1e423b7409300a6da6e13120f0

do database update on the UI thread + add cancellation by making the FileSystemWatcher's events just queue their actions into a queue that's then read by the button handler, the database events all see the proper connection state. this also makes it easier to make them update the UI later on, since they'll be acting in the UI thread. this change also turns the "Watch Dir" button into a cancel button while the FileSystemWatcher is active. if the user clicks the button again while a watcher is listening, the form will clear the watcher state and cancel the inner event loop listening on the TaskQueue.

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 5bb155d4cc93d09001bce77ee2bc49296ba95405

allow database operations to be cancelled

view details

push time in a month

push eventQuietMisdreavus/TagExperiments

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha ef8ed3206b3c02293e4b2848c837a05bc5cbdc68

(busted) trigger database updates from filesystem events this currently doesn't work. on my system, when a file is copied into the watch directory, three events are triggered: one creation, and two change events. these three events race with each other to set database state, and also happen in different threads, causing null-reference exceptions due to incomplete database connection information. (i think? i'm not super sure.) FileSystemWatcher can synchronize all its events to a UI thread via its SynchronizationObject, but WPF forms don't implement the required interface to be used as a synchronization object. this commit attempts to dispatch events to the UI thread via the form's Dispatcher, but this just caused the Npgsql exceptions to be hidden from the debugger instead. future work will introduce a dedicated dispatcher, to make sure that event threads can access a properly-initialized Database object, as well as attempt to debounce events. it will still need to marshal signals back to MainWindow to update state later on when queries are added, but that should be doable.

view details

push time in a month

push eventQuietMisdreavus/TagExperiments

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha f130a46c550ae9e06cf3f17c7ba200cc5271c075

swap out all file extension checks with IsMusicFile

view details

push time in a month

push eventQuietMisdreavus/TagExperiments

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 9efe0f2b0c582f29d54d5258593c476d73a5ea3d

fix icon

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha f26674d07db2843ae92835795528212fccf8378b

add "watch" button and stub out events there's a known issue with filesystem event watchers in general where they can erroneously send multiple events due to other watchers interacting with them. for the moment i'm not going to attempt to "debounce" these events, and simply eat the cost of poking the database ~3 times when a file is created. another thing i noticed when implementing is that "rename" events on directories don't cascade events into files/subfolders in that directory, so i had to manually enumerate through them. hopefully this should suffice for my uses, at least initially. if it's a problem i can revisit it later.

view details

push time in a month

push eventQuietMisdreavus/TagExperiments

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 35c13940178bd618077346eb4934007b78ec4e85

move license and readme to repo root

view details

push time in a month

create barnchQuietMisdreavus/TagExperiments

branch : master

created branch time in a month

created repositoryQuietMisdreavus/TagExperiments

sketch: read and monitor my music library for unexpected changes to tags

created time in a month

delete branch QuietMisdreavus/documentation

delete branch : patch-1

delete time in a month

PR opened tootsuite/documentation

tweak install.md for completeness

I tried to use the installation instructions yesterday and today, and i hit a couple stumbling blocks when the documentation was either out-of-date or was missing some commands. The most important one was the commands for installing the Ruby version. Since the .ruby-version file in the Mastodon repo was different from the one written into the documentation, bundle complained that the right Ruby version wasn't installed when it came time to run bundle install. The remaining commands i added were ones that were referenced by the documentation but seemed to be missing a code block to contain them.

Let me know if i need to change anything. Thanks!

+23 -2

0 comment

1 changed file

pr created time in 2 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/documentation

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 141c4ce5d3141b142f1c2191798f2a83efaec91b

tweak install.md for completeness

view details

push time in 2 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/quietmisdreavus.net

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 4e8b7bc7eff178a59cde4e716ac10cd623705ee1

add readme

view details

push time in 2 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/quietmisdreavus.net

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha b50597122b6dc3f5fd33043f4be097533fc2c82c

actually remove drafts from repo

view details

push time in 2 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/quietmisdreavus.net

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha a98b35f9f8501cb041cd9df782dd9d2b296ae714

add video link for RBR 2019 talk

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha d6f60a7cfefb7f88ecdb6a7f402a6cdaa2824b79

strip date tags from posts

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 3f437904b37df47f602cddab2fca2ab29a2d37f8

don't display a page title on the home page

view details

push time in 2 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/quietmisdreavus.net

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 75ebf52399608f5edbe4f0d8174069f962bd5db8

ignore the drafts folder

view details

push time in 2 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/quietmisdreavus.net

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 55d9e43d635a180e6db02634e42123b6fc02abca

home: unknown

view details

push time in 2 months

pull request commentrust-lang/docs.rs

Fix redirects if latest version failed to build

So, to double check what this PR does:

  • Changes the "jump to latest version" redirect to not have a trailing slash before adding the search query
  • Changes the /:crate//:crate/:version redirect to include a query string in the redirect.

Would it be possible to check for the presence of the query string and only include the ? in the URL if it's already there? I get a little annoyed when URLs have an unnecessary ? or # sometimes.

jyn514

comment created time in 2 months

delete branch QuietMisdreavus/blog.rust-lang.org

delete branch : docsrs-team-announce

delete time in 3 months

issue commentrust-lang/cargo

doc: RUSTDOCFLAGS and `--target` is not passed to rustdoc when documenting proc-macros with a `--target` set

I don't think Cargo can always pass --target, because then cargo doc wouldn't work on no_std targets.

Ohhhh, that's a good point. Would it still be feasible to allow for some kind of override to attempt to cross-compile (or cross-document, in this case) a proc-macro crate? For Docs.rs's purposes, we know we're going to be building for targets that have std available, but i'm not sure if there's a way to force cargo to build all of a proc-macro crate's dependencies for a cross target.

QuietMisdreavus

comment created time in 3 months

Pull request review commentrust-lang/blog.rust-lang.org

Inside Rust: Announcing the Docs.rs Team

+---+layout: post+title: "Announcing the Docs.rs Team"+author: QuietMisdreavus+team: The Rustdoc Team <https://www.rust-lang.org/governance/teams/dev-tools#rustdoc>+---++Today we're announcing a brand new team: The Docs.rs Team!++Previously, [Docs.rs] has been managed by the Rustdoc Team, as many of the initial concerns of+Docs.rs were shared by Rustdoc as Docs.rs was being brought into team maintainership. However, as+time went on, those concerns started to diverge more and more, and so did the people who contributed+to either tool.++The new Docs.rs Team will be responsible for the operations and development for [Docs.rs], leaving+the Rustdoc Team to be responsible for the Rustdoc tool itself. [@QuietMisdreavus] will be leading+the new Docs.rs Team, leaving [@GuillaumeGomez] to lead the Rustdoc Team.++Joining QuietMisdreavus on the Docs.rs Team is GuillaumeGomez, coordinating work between Rustdoc and

I don't like to have a lot of redundant links, especially when you can look one paragraph up to find the same term and see a link there. Personal preference, i guess.

QuietMisdreavus

comment created time in 3 months

Pull request review commentrust-lang/blog.rust-lang.org

Inside Rust: Announcing the Docs.rs Team

+---+layout: post+title: "Announcing the Docs.rs Team"+author: QuietMisdreavus+team: The Rustdoc Team <https://www.rust-lang.org/governance/teams/dev-tools#rustdoc>+---++Today we're announcing a brand new team: The Docs.rs Team!++Previously, [Docs.rs] has been managed by the Rustdoc Team, as many of the initial concerns of+Docs.rs were shared by Rustdoc as Docs.rs was being brought into team maintainership. However, as+time went on, those concerns started to diverge more and more, and so did the people who contributed+to either tool.++The new Docs.rs Team will be responsible for the operations and development for [Docs.rs], leaving+the Rustdoc Team to be responsible for the Rustdoc tool itself. [@QuietMisdreavus] will be leading+the new Docs.rs Team, leaving [@GuillaumeGomez] to lead the Rustdoc Team.++Joining QuietMisdreavus on the Docs.rs Team is GuillaumeGomez, coordinating work between Rustdoc and

We were both linked in the previous paragraph. 😉

QuietMisdreavus

comment created time in 3 months

pull request commentrust-lang/blog.rust-lang.org

Inside Rust: Announcing the Docs.rs Team

@pietroalbini Done! I rebased the branch to get rid of the "rename file" commits, too.

QuietMisdreavus

comment created time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/blog.rust-lang.org

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 17ac76471278aeba174492c79c2fafaa3cf82d41

add announcement post for the docs.rs team

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha c55dc1e8e4556a957d63107de92c110e28600ac2

link to discord channels directly

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha ea1aa441653e4e53e32748523702153bf018b643

reword intro to people on the docs.rs team

view details

push time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/dotfiles

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 438d5a4ee2afc8455f54f43a1af82d19b7603af1

tweak innis's ls alias the macOS `ls` doesn't have the `--color` flag, so use `-G` instead to get colorized `ls` output

view details

push time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/vimfiles

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 04d0a4c14c1d25269dc9009c51a2c61e5e92c703

add initial per-machine config for innis

view details

push time in 3 months

delete branch QuietMisdreavus/simpleinfra

delete branch : patch-1

delete time in 3 months

PR opened rust-lang/simpleinfra

Add ssh key for misdreavus's new laptop

I usually create a new SSH key for GitHub for each new machine, and i recently got a new laptop. This is the public key for my new GitHub SSH key, which i would like to use to access the bastion.

+1 -0

0 comment

1 changed file

pr created time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/simpleinfra

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha e5294b29d15429eaa1f8fe6763d104898cf8fab1

Add ssh key for misdreavus's new laptop

view details

push time in 3 months

issue openedrust-lang/cargo

doc: RUSTDOCFLAGS and `--target` is not passed to rustdoc when documenting proc-macros with a `--target` set

<!-- Thanks for filing a 🐛 bug report 😄! -->

Problem <!-- A clear and concise description of what the bug is. --> <!-- including what currently happens and what you expected to happen. -->

On docs.rs, we've run into an issue (https://github.com/rust-lang/docs.rs/issues/422) where proc-macros were not correctly being documented because of being passed an explicit --target flag.

Steps <!-- The steps to reproduce the bug. -->

  1. Start with a proc-macro crate.
  2. Run cargo doc --no-deps --target x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (substituting your native target or some other target for which you have its std installed)

Expected outcome: Documentation is available in target/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/doc.

Actual outcome: Documentation is available in target/doc.

The situation gets worse when RUSTDOCFLAGS is involved; cargo doc does not pass RUSTDOCFLAGS to rustdoc when documenting a proc-macro with an explicit --target.

Possible Solution(s) <!-- Not obligatory, but suggest a fix/reason for the bug, --> <!-- or ideas how to implement the addition or change -->

My preferred solution would be to always handle calls to rustdoc as if they were regular libraries, i.e. give them a --target, output them into the target-specific directory, etc. The lack of RUSTDOCFLAGS seems like a weird oversight, but given https://github.com/rust-lang/cargo/issues/4423 there may be some crossed wires with rustc and building things that run immediately on the host.

Notes

Docs.rs always runs the latest nightly, but the logs in https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/66796#issuecomment-559148977 were collected with cargo 1.41.0-nightly (750cb1482 2019-11-23).

created time in 3 months

push eventrust-lang/docs.rs

Joshua Nelson

commit sha d1043c96c1f59e6931599ca81d36b5624375777f

Work around rustdoc bugs for proc-macros Use documentation in /target/doc if /target/$target/doc doesn't exist. Partially addresses https://github.com/rust-lang/docs.rs/issues/422. Note: this does _not_ fix the issue mentioned above, it doesn't link to the right CSS files. See https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541978667522195476/649031211913838592/unknown.png for an example.

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 73eca29259d0bebd40b5c0aa0df708aac87ac79d

Don't pass --target flag for proc-macros

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha a9ce13ba8e8adbe2e5fa81d0694f3ff430d60d61

remove unused DEFAULT_TARGET static

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha b2a2c795d4379a4214b58edcb3b5caae1c5f7406

fix formatting

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha aee309f667aa2cf6d67b4e5aa784955d2c524837

Merge pull request #491 from jyn514/proc-macro-hack Document proc-macros despite bugs in rustdoc

view details

push time in 3 months

PR merged rust-lang/docs.rs

Document proc-macros despite bugs in rustdoc

Use documentation in /target/doc if /target/$target/doc doesn't exist. In that case, also don't pass --target to rustdoc.

Closes #422.

I also moved build_target into a separate function since build_package was getting kind of big.

r? @QuietMisdreavus

+61 -55

3 comments

1 changed file

jyn514

pr closed time in 3 months

issue closedrust-lang/docs.rs

Missing docs for procedural macro crate

I noted this behavior yesterday (2019/10/3). After published last version of a crate of mine (rstest) I took a look to crate.io to check everything.

Doc link exists https://docs.rs/crate/rstest/0.4.0 but just page is marked as not a library and Doc tab is missed.

I took a look to other procedural macro crates published in the last days and all have the same issue.

I missed something?

Thanks

closed time in 3 months

la10736

push eventQuietMisdreavus/docs.rs

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 029c8b4becf24633299708655ada949c37d03a4b

allow trailing slash in standard-library redirects fixes https://github.com/rust-lang/docs.rs/issues/474

view details

Yuki Okushi

commit sha 3fa2e581267516a2725d676bb479e7f0eecd6f0d

Replace with GitHub Actions badge

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha aa9954b18b02c4fc8112eada75cb18e073b8ac34

use a loop to make code simpler

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 3fc06763976246a36057cc713197f8f061203761

Merge pull request #476 from jyn514/trailing-slash allow trailing slash in standard-library redirects

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha da21020ccce3a383f9ee49fceb7d933066081b3f

Replace deprecated `try!`s with `?` Thanks to cargo-rerast, see google/rerast#30

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 534e662670bede8a9d8fb45ee1be9d9e5f48cce2

fix the last few that rerast missed

view details

Guillaume Gomez

commit sha 3e548dc1ecf7f220c1e20d50c964cf1206c6c369

Merge pull request #485 from jyn514/deprecated-try Replace deprecated try! with `?`

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha c0b23f201d85b1b4466036fe1dedf104a7603aa6

web: show the priority in the queue One of the tools docs.rs operators have to ensure a fair build queue to everyone is to manually deprioritize slow-to-build crates. Before this the priority wasn't exposed anywhere in the UI though, making the queue look weird when a bunch of crates were deprioritized. This changes the queue page to show the priority in the build queue if it's not '0'.

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha f8c39123161ddea6e6bc6f8fc5381d78fdede45a

Merge pull request #486 from pietroalbini/priority web: show the priority in the queue

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 78115216c6954171b8857576b0a4de2d3548faae

rustwide_builder: handle renamed crates

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha a6e6aa952697aa831f4af9ac155a76a09dfec282

Merge pull request #487 from pietroalbini/renamed-crates Handle renamed crates

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha a101b2ebb9a004f5ce3c2cd875dfe44354059924

Merge pull request #480 from JohnTitor/replace-badge Replace with GitHub Actions badge

view details

Guillaume Gomez

commit sha 49d0c380be243099c6568f949e4da3b95f2ddf94

more CSS formatting fixes...

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 26a0ab00db5c06c83a30c8236edf97b2630e0b8f

remove css/style.css The file was added to the css folder by mistake, it's supposed to be generated from templates/style.scss

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha f94e20b4c1d004d1348010bebac8735301a691b0

remove 1.40.0-nightly vendored css files They're not actually being used for the main website, and the crates built with that nightly will load their essential files anyway.

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 8b1721716a52af8cc38e961fb8c8b0d0808d2fd6

use the latest rustdoc css for the whole site This commit removes the vendored CSS of Rustdoc 1.10.0-nightly, changing the site to always use the lastest Rustdoc's one. To do that, the Docker entrypoint is changed to add the essential files the first time the container is started, and the frontend now queries the database to see the version of the files to include. The version is cached by the first page loaded by users, and doesn't change unless the application is restarted. This is fine, since the application is restarted often enough and using a CSS older by a few nightlies is not so big of a deal. The cache also prevents response time regressions.

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 28d1e1cff6b5a5a58ca2f1e07a937c90de1b48c8

move css/ to static/ in the repo

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha d5b3b085dd7afd68928e4ab1e2653f3e26a932f0

port 60ded3b7c061a1d4f7305bf46c34c7d74c058f9a to scss

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 3f6328082a9298ad47bd4e522c87906f31079f38

reenable searching I'm not sure why it was disabled in the first place, but it started affecting users after https://github.com/rust-lang/docs.rs/pull/496 was merged.

view details

Jonathan Bastien-Filiatrault

commit sha cfec6ef2baba786284ed623bb0ca4783fbfeb93f

Match library properly if multiple crate-types are in use. Noticed this, my crate rustyknife was flagged as "not a library". Cargo.toml snippet: [lib] crate-type = ["lib", "cdylib"]

view details

push time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/vimfiles

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha a84b306a1f29574ca7829e8c8f9484f8fb47a295

add swift syntax plugin

view details

push time in 3 months

pull request commentrust-lang/blog.rust-lang.org

Inside Rust: Announcing the Docs.rs Team

Now that https://github.com/rust-lang/team/pull/182 is merged, i've updated this post with today's date. I've also reworded it to introduce the initial lineup of the team.

QuietMisdreavus

comment created time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/blog.rust-lang.org

Pietro Albini

commit sha 2088e4d41d2b8343cb25464329ac1eacefaad188

add post about github actions evaluation

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha ecf79405a2bd3dc141c87ca898f3c4590ec78a7e

Merge pull request #455 from rust-lang/gha Add post about the GitHub Actions evaluation

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 3137597972b38e1f77a014360a0336caacb76f4b

clarify that we still like Azure Pipelines

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 2595ce274f63d832fe229d6b6d8363cfba0e33b1

Merge pull request #456 from rust-lang/gha-clarify-pipelines Clarify that we still like Azure Pipelines

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 3c0efd5b74f714e3703299cc986cfcd29617dd90

add 2019-11-12 infra team meeting minutes

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha f8fda1713a545f4407da500edeccdee6d0578fb5

Merge pull request #458 from rust-lang/infra-2019-11-12 add 2019-11-12 infra team meeting minutes

view details

Wesley Wiser

commit sha 2f611c8f96ce54c04e5913e26aff1d3f4d7a0ee1

[inside-rust] Add compiler team triage meeting post for 2019-11-14

view details

Wesley Wiser

commit sha 5a4b152d07acbf922868f1e5889fc7c8af4df3b9

Fix various old compiler team triage meeting notes issues

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 892323b2eecd09ca0df757378b4f44393427920a

add 2019-11-19 infra team meeting minutes

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha e6dd268bf792b30b6a92f41aba03712571fcd52e

Merge pull request #460 from rust-lang/infra-2019-11-19 2019-11-19 infra team meeting minutes

view details

Aleksey Kladov

commit sha cc8324179aaee70bd92b2893ba4b51c2d8e0d60a

Add IDE/compiler meeting

view details

ecstatic-morse

commit sha 0fde6ec974aeb942f7aa49b88bb5693cb0209d01

Announce `if` and `match` in constants

view details

ecstatic-morse

commit sha 7f362641fd7069c5fb3c52a191360e7efe0d002d

Fix `assert` example Co-Authored-By: lzutao <taolzu@gmail.com>

view details

ecstatic-morse

commit sha 35924220ecee0c560390350642c2d03a70610baa

I've seen those English dramas, too Co-Authored-By: Mazdak Farrokhzad <twingoow@gmail.com>

view details

Dylan MacKenzie

commit sha fb2ab592b668f06d959d230c911d5bed21f4eb85

Add `team` to front matter

view details

Dylan MacKenzie

commit sha 23748d5d79408bf413dfbd72b87f49c9a68207f0

Split out `const fn` example

view details

Dylan MacKenzie

commit sha 07782e8eca40a43ab7ee0fd804250cb03af4acb7

Reword call for participation

view details

Dylan MacKenzie

commit sha 4b22d2285768b68470f33543499c038cda6ee345

Fix link

view details

Dylan MacKenzie

commit sha 1b53e7c3b4fbe5ab83a5892ab9f8bd03d995c840

Remove trailing whitespace

view details

Dylan MacKenzie

commit sha cbbfaa62eb2e6b5edfea2cb5d3045c80fd7be024

Remove acknowledgements section lest I forget someone

view details

push time in 3 months

delete branch QuietMisdreavus/team

delete branch : docsrs-team

delete time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/blog.rust-lang.org

Pietro Albini

commit sha 2088e4d41d2b8343cb25464329ac1eacefaad188

add post about github actions evaluation

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha ecf79405a2bd3dc141c87ca898f3c4590ec78a7e

Merge pull request #455 from rust-lang/gha Add post about the GitHub Actions evaluation

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 3137597972b38e1f77a014360a0336caacb76f4b

clarify that we still like Azure Pipelines

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 2595ce274f63d832fe229d6b6d8363cfba0e33b1

Merge pull request #456 from rust-lang/gha-clarify-pipelines Clarify that we still like Azure Pipelines

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 3c0efd5b74f714e3703299cc986cfcd29617dd90

add 2019-11-12 infra team meeting minutes

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha f8fda1713a545f4407da500edeccdee6d0578fb5

Merge pull request #458 from rust-lang/infra-2019-11-12 add 2019-11-12 infra team meeting minutes

view details

Wesley Wiser

commit sha 2f611c8f96ce54c04e5913e26aff1d3f4d7a0ee1

[inside-rust] Add compiler team triage meeting post for 2019-11-14

view details

Wesley Wiser

commit sha 5a4b152d07acbf922868f1e5889fc7c8af4df3b9

Fix various old compiler team triage meeting notes issues

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 892323b2eecd09ca0df757378b4f44393427920a

add 2019-11-19 infra team meeting minutes

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha e6dd268bf792b30b6a92f41aba03712571fcd52e

Merge pull request #460 from rust-lang/infra-2019-11-19 2019-11-19 infra team meeting minutes

view details

Aleksey Kladov

commit sha cc8324179aaee70bd92b2893ba4b51c2d8e0d60a

Add IDE/compiler meeting

view details

ecstatic-morse

commit sha 0fde6ec974aeb942f7aa49b88bb5693cb0209d01

Announce `if` and `match` in constants

view details

ecstatic-morse

commit sha 7f362641fd7069c5fb3c52a191360e7efe0d002d

Fix `assert` example Co-Authored-By: lzutao <taolzu@gmail.com>

view details

ecstatic-morse

commit sha 35924220ecee0c560390350642c2d03a70610baa

I've seen those English dramas, too Co-Authored-By: Mazdak Farrokhzad <twingoow@gmail.com>

view details

Dylan MacKenzie

commit sha fb2ab592b668f06d959d230c911d5bed21f4eb85

Add `team` to front matter

view details

Dylan MacKenzie

commit sha 23748d5d79408bf413dfbd72b87f49c9a68207f0

Split out `const fn` example

view details

Dylan MacKenzie

commit sha 07782e8eca40a43ab7ee0fd804250cb03af4acb7

Reword call for participation

view details

Dylan MacKenzie

commit sha 4b22d2285768b68470f33543499c038cda6ee345

Fix link

view details

Dylan MacKenzie

commit sha 1b53e7c3b4fbe5ab83a5892ab9f8bd03d995c840

Remove trailing whitespace

view details

Dylan MacKenzie

commit sha cbbfaa62eb2e6b5edfea2cb5d3045c80fd7be024

Remove acknowledgements section lest I forget someone

view details

push time in 3 months

pull request commentrust-lang/rust

Fix docs for formatting delegations

@bors rollup

(forgot to roll it up, this is unlikely to conflict with anything)

elichai

comment created time in 3 months

pull request commentrust-lang/rust

Fix docs for formatting delegations

@bors r+

elichai

comment created time in 3 months

pull request commentrust-lang/team

spin off docs.rs team from rustdoc team

I've updated the PR to fix the merge conflict (created by https://github.com/rust-lang/team/pull/181 - @kinnison is kept on the rustdoc team here), as well as add @jyn514 to the docs.rs team. He's been helping out a lot recently, and has had merge access to docs.rs for a little bit now.

I would like to see some kind of confirmation as to whether the RFC to "formally" create this team (and/or perform whatever reorganization is necessary) should be at least drafted before this is merged. I'm willing to work on that draft or open an internals thread, but i want to know how much urgency there is for it, in relation to this PR.

QuietMisdreavus

comment created time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/team

Daniel Silverstone

commit sha 3afea04639ffbe9a8ddd42fde2d8fded69a8ed01

rustdoc: Add myself to rustdoc team Signed-off-by: Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers@digital-scurf.org>

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha ed6b0b2f05a9bac9b31e07870760cdf777a572db

lang: allow to use craterbot

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 70d0d5ed124a155729f51e718b82721f71f4cfbf

Merge pull request #183 from rust-lang/lang-crater Enable craterbot for the lang team

view details

Manish Goregaokar

commit sha 83c6b461a77288a2ad3a10de0b8176cbf914c569

Merge pull request #181 from kinnison/rustdoc rustdoc: Add myself to rustdoc team

view details

Simon Sapin

commit sha 51acfbf7e96b4caabfd1a7865eda15c5e71ea061

SimonSapin: use my other email address I’m curious what lead to this one being used here.

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 7b3a62a74b472dc07e39bc7236ea31d77afebe35

Merge pull request #186 from SimonSapin/patch-1 SimonSapin: use my other email address

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha c4eb2a6e416416dc84d854ef4c59825834ed38c9

spin off docs.rs team from rustdoc team

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 2a1a2d43f4d512e0938845fcc6d9607a382daf48

re-add imperio to the docs.rs team

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 5325e3c57ba7151e123ce93256b4675580e47d4d

add jynelson to the docsrs team

view details

push time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/dotfiles

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 0a4ecac0ee737e275d15f30a9c77352d63acafff

add config for innis

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha dde8964708cfca8e01c07cf48ebf8c107f983f51

update readme

view details

push time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/dotfiles

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 2ce63d4ed04f246adbbde762441ab834fc06ad99

add shiva's gitignore

view details

push time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/dotfiles

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha e058157e395e3c4095c2d1cfe00c108c6cfe5f6c

add git prompt file to shiva

view details

push time in 3 months

issue commentrust-lang/cargo

There is no way to set RUSTFLAGS for build scripts when cross-compiling

This also happens with cargo doc, proc-macros, and RUSTDOCFLAGS; see https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/66796. It's causing issues with docs.rs collecting docs for proc-macro crates.

RalfJung

comment created time in 3 months

issue commentrust-lang/rust

[rustdoc] --static-root-path is ignored for proc macro crates if --target is also passed

rstest is also not given RUSTDOCFLAGS, which is why --static-root-path is being ignored - it's not being given at all.

Looks like this is rust-lang/cargo#4423.

That seems to be about build scripts, though - does it apply to proc-macros as well?

jyn514

comment created time in 3 months

issue commentrust-lang/rust

[rustdoc] --static-root-path is ignored for proc macro crates if --target is also passed

This is a Cargo bug, which is easier to demonstrate not directly on rstest, but on an empty crate which depends on it:

$ RUSTDOCFLAGS="-Z unstable-options --static-root-path /" cargo +nightly doc --target x86_64-pc-windows-gnu --verbose
(...cutting out other crate builds...)
 Documenting rstest v0.4.1
     Running `rustdoc --edition=2018 --crate-type proc-macro --crate-name rstest /home/misdreavus/.cargo/registry/src/github.com-1ecc6299db9ec823/rstest-0.4.1/src/lib.rs --cap-lints allow -o /home/misdreavus/git/asdf/target/doc --error-format=json --json=diagnostic-rendered-ansi -L dependency=/home/misdreavus/git/asdf/target/debug/deps --extern cfg_if=/home/misdreavus/git/asdf/target/debug/deps/libcfg_if-e81fd561ea5d778d.rmeta --extern itertools=/home/misdreavus/git/asdf/target/debug/deps/libitertools-fc795270e0118033.rmeta --extern proc_macro2=/home/misdreavus/git/asdf/target/debug/deps/libproc_macro2-28ac7b73e9431dcd.rmeta --extern quote=/home/misdreavus/git/asdf/target/debug/deps/libquote-c3d8fb0ee445b121.rmeta --extern syn=/home/misdreavus/git/asdf/target/debug/deps/libsyn-3cb4f46f3856d11c.rmeta --cfg use_proc_macro_diagnostic`
 Documenting asdf v0.1.0 (/home/misdreavus/git/asdf)
     Running `rustdoc --edition=2018 --crate-type lib --crate-name asdf src/lib.rs --target x86_64-pc-windows-gnu -o /home/misdreavus/git/asdf/target/x86_64-pc-windows-gnu/doc --error-format=json --json=diagnostic-rendered-ansi -L dependency=/home/misdreavus/git/asdf/target/x86_64-pc-windows-gnu/debug/deps -L dependency=/home/misdreavus/git/asdf/target/debug/deps --extern qwop=/home/misdreavus/git/asdf/target/x86_64-pc-windows-gnu/debug/deps/libqwop-00f1cec7bc7f8935.rmeta --extern rstest=/home/misdreavus/git/asdf/target/debug/deps/librstest-4735249459e3b68f.so -Z unstable-options --static-root-path /`
    Finished dev [unoptimized + debuginfo] target(s) in 21.89s

Compare the commands given for rstest versus the leaf crate asdf. rstest is given a -o argument of /home/misdreavus/git/asdf/target/doc, whereas asdf is given /home/misdreavus/git/asdf/target/x86_64-pc-windows-gnu/doc. rstest is also not given RUSTDOCFLAGS, which is why --static-root-path is being ignored - it's not being given at all.

This effect is more pronounced when the leaf crate is itself a proc-macro crate; there, all the docs go into target/doc instead of target/$target/doc, and no crate gets RUSTDOCFLAGS. For example, if i run the same command directly in rstest:

$ RUSTDOCFLAGS="-Z unstable-options --static-root-path /" cargo +nightly doc --target x86_64-pc-windows-gnu --verbose
(...cutting out other crate builds...)
 Documenting syn v1.0.5
     Running `rustdoc --edition=2018 --crate-type lib --crate-name syn /home/misdreavus/.cargo/registry/src/github.com-1ecc6299db9ec823/syn-1.0.5/src/lib.rs --cap-lints allow -o /home/misdreavus/clones/rstest/target/doc --cfg 'feature="clone-impls"' --cfg 'feature="default"' --cfg 'feature="derive"' --cfg 'feature="extra-traits"' --cfg 'feature="full"' --cfg 'feature="parsing"' --cfg 'feature="printing"' --cfg 'feature="proc-macro"' --cfg 'feature="quote"' --cfg 'feature="visit"' --error-format=json --json=diagnostic-rendered-ansi -L dependency=/home/misdreavus/clones/rstest/target/debug/deps --extern proc_macro2=/home/misdreavus/clones/rstest/target/debug/deps/libproc_macro2-28ac7b73e9431dcd.rmeta --extern quote=/home/misdreavus/clones/rstest/target/debug/deps/libquote-c3d8fb0ee445b121.rmeta --extern unicode_xid=/home/misdreavus/clones/rstest/target/debug/deps/libunicode_xid-87ca1b5df9f4f475.rmeta`
 Documenting rstest v0.4.0 (/home/misdreavus/clones/rstest)
     Running `rustdoc --edition=2018 --crate-type proc-macro --crate-name rstest src/lib.rs -o /home/misdreavus/clones/rstest/target/doc --error-format=json --json=diagnostic-rendered-ansi -L dependency=/home/misdreavus/clones/rstest/target/debug/deps --extern cfg_if=/home/misdreavus/clones/rstest/target/debug/deps/libcfg_if-e81fd561ea5d778d.rmeta --extern itertools=/home/misdreavus/clones/rstest/target/debug/deps/libitertools-6b909a299a131f9f.rmeta --extern proc_macro2=/home/misdreavus/clones/rstest/target/debug/deps/libproc_macro2-28ac7b73e9431dcd.rmeta --extern quote=/home/misdreavus/clones/rstest/target/debug/deps/libquote-c3d8fb0ee445b121.rmeta --extern syn=/home/misdreavus/clones/rstest/target/debug/deps/libsyn-c9363dee89805d6e.rmeta --cfg use_proc_macro_diagnostic`
    Finished dev [unoptimized + debuginfo] target(s) in 11.01s

Note here that neither syn nor rstest get the correct -o directory, nor do they get RUSTDOCFLAGS.

jyn514

comment created time in 3 months

pull request commentrust-lang/docs.rs

Document proc-macros despite bugs in rustdoc

Is there an issue on Cargo or rustdoc tracking the problem upstream?

I remember we talked about there sometimes being a problem with it not respecting --static-root-path. Does not passing --target on the "test build" solve that?

I also see that you don't build any extra targets for proc-macros. This gets around the immediate issue, but i can't shake the feeling that there's going to be a proc-macro somewhere that does something different per-platform. This might work for now, but we should really be reporting this to Cargo so that this can be fixed properly.

jyn514

comment created time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/kindlizer

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha f3dc565e6467cce5b083172924d00c85c60853d8

add readme

view details

push time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/kindlizer

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha f70abf4c53b5a81c1895ac24a357650c56875c92

add license file

view details

push time in 3 months

create barnchQuietMisdreavus/kindlizer

branch : master

created branch time in 3 months

created repositoryQuietMisdreavus/kindlizer

sketch: render articles to docx

created time in 3 months

delete branch QuietMisdreavus/docs.rs

delete branch : new-fonts

delete time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/rust

Ralf Jung

commit sha 1a254e4f434e0cbb9ffcb24971416cb574df4751

expand slice from_raw_part docs

view details

Ralf Jung

commit sha 6a1f303b98fe77775f3f201bef792a98e31e79e8

also edit String::from_raw_parts while we are at it

view details

bors

commit sha d1fff4a4b213b3341c1ff994061b7965a5932c70

Auto merge of #66109 - pietroalbini:rollup-2npidna, r=pietroalbini Rollup of 10 pull requests Successful merges: - #65136 (Update codegen option documentation.) - #65574 (docs: improve disclaimer regarding LinkedList) - #65720 (Add FFI bindings for LLVM's Module::getInstructionCount()) - #65905 ([doc] fixes for unix/vxworks `OpenOptionsExt::mode`) - #65962 (Fix logic in example.) - #66019 (Improved std::iter::Chain documentation) - #66038 (doc(str): show example of chars().count() under len()) - #66042 (Suggest correct code when encountering an incorrect trait bound referencing the current trait) - #66073 (Do not needlessly write-lock) - #66096 (Add a failing UI test for multiple loops of all kinds in a `const`) Failed merges: r? @ghost

view details

Ralf Jung

commit sha a593b5419901774c134e18433452c4dd5f7ff648

expand comment explaining integer exception

view details

Pyry Kontio

commit sha 002c1c74d99295e49e30a02fb98f25383f1576f8

Improve std::thread::Result documentation

view details

Nadrieril

commit sha 4dc5697bd2799916f342810d054f3bcc00471689

Add some slice-pattern exhaustiveness tests

view details

Nadrieril

commit sha 235b379928b03e6a55197300b564387236c84667

Rename Constructor::Slice to FixedLenSlice

view details

Ralf Jung

commit sha b1d0a68fd78f79682121559b3f8225fd56fa1440

fix link to ptr docs

view details

David Wood

commit sha a515258b3597c60d9af78b7425cb0dff08872c34

improper_ctypes: `extern "C"` fns

view details

David Wood

commit sha 0128f8ee11c31c905205ff6019dcd240b6331d84

codegen_llvm: remove unnecessary "extern C" Signed-off-by: David Wood <david@davidtw.co>

view details

David Wood

commit sha cb60654f78468a76e55836aae97b71ceb19f2284

improper ctypes: adjust lint msg for extern fns Signed-off-by: David Wood <david@davidtw.co>

view details

David Wood

commit sha 95c505d92a64ff86a081d108e33b4e4f1e70ebfb

tests: add `#[repr(C)]` to test Signed-off-by: David Wood <david@davidtw.co>

view details

Oleg Nosov

commit sha 3a54ab78efc66c17a6d2bb57463f5dac4696c7ed

LinkedList: PhantomData<Box<Node<T>>> => PhantomData<T>

view details

bors

commit sha 3a1b3b30c6cdd674049b144a3ced7b711de962b2

Auto merge of #66083 - RalfJung:miri-offset-from, r=oli-obk fix Miri offset_from This is needed to make https://github.com/rust-lang/miri/pull/1032 pass.

view details

David Wood

commit sha 49e240346fe75eb5380469fb8e901f007fa829c1

libstd: allow `improper_ctypes` in `sys/sgx` Signed-off-by: David Wood <david@davidtw.co>

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 54c57a2f21193b8a3a6ec1ffd641931bd6da246c

Rollup merge of #65948 - danielhenrymantilla:doc/maybe_uninit_ref_mut, r=RalfJung Improve MaybeUninit::get_{ref,mut} documentation As mentioned in https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/63568#issuecomment-544106668, `MaybeUninit`'s `get_{ref,mut}` documentation is lacking, so this PR attempts to fix that. That being said, and as @RalfJung mentions in that thread, > In particular, we should clarify that all the UB rules for these methods equally apply when calling the raw ptr methods and creating a reference manually. these other docs also need to be improved, which I can do in this PR ~~(hence the `[WIP]`)~~. Finally, since all these documentations are related to clearly establishing when dealing with uninitialized memory which patterns are known to be sound and which patterns are currently UB (that is, until, if ever, the rules around references to unintialized integers get relaxed, this documentation will treat them as UB, and advise against such patterns (_e.g._, it is not possible to use uninitialized buffers with the `Read` API)), I think that adding even more examples to the main documentation of `MaybeUninit` inherent definition wouldn't hurt either. ___ - [Rendered](http://dreamy-ritchie-99d637.netlify.com/core/mem/union.maybeuninit#method.get_ref)

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 26449f8db46eada190e5b2a48039bb7e10a715d2

Rollup merge of #65953 - keystone-enclave:llvm_abiname, r=alexcrichton Allow specifying LLVM's MCTargetOptions::ABIName in target specification files This addresses #65024, as it allows RISC-V target specification files to set `"llvm-abiname": "lp64d"`. Other languages (read: C) usually expose this codegen parameter under a compiler argument like `-mabi=<XYZ>`.

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha b5bcb28b72097c5633922b437f9eca57d6791c95

Rollup merge of #66012 - nnethercote:dequery-trivial_dropck_outlives, r=michaelwoerister De-querify `trivial_dropck_outlives`. It's sufficiently simple and fast that memoizing it is a slight pessimization. r? @michaelwoerister

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 6ad9f5631623060a9f34f40f2c614cfd8b967c08

Rollup merge of #66025 - petrochenkov:lohi, r=eddyb `Span` cannot represent `span.hi < span.lo` So we can remove the corresponding checks from various code

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 80404bf088f1a0b40ac580047a175dad285569c3

Rollup merge of #66047 - ecstatic-morse:issue-66016, r=eddyb Don't double-count `simd_shuffle` promotion candidates Resolves #66016. The `#[rustc_args_required_const]` attribute was added to `simd_shuffle*` in rust-lang/stdarch#825. This caused `promote_consts` to double-count its second argument when recording promotion candidates, which caused the promotion candidate compatibility check to fail. Once `stdarch` is updated in-tree to include rust-lang/stdarch#825, all special logic around `simd_shuffle` can and should be removed.

view details

push time in 3 months

startedpostlight/mercury-parser

started time in 3 months

PR opened rust-lang/docs.rs

add updated Source Code Pro to essential files

This is a PR to update our builder to accommodate https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/65665. Do not deploy this until a nightly is released with that PR (should be 2019-11-21, but confirm ahead of time). Pin the nightly to the current one for now, and unpin it while deploying this change.

+3 -2

0 comment

1 changed file

pr created time in 3 months

create barnchQuietMisdreavus/docs.rs

branch : new-fonts

created branch time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/docs.rs

Pietro Albini

commit sha 1383287bb26e975ac846500e8f6d3fef118dc982

add a metric on the number of uploaded files This commit adds a new Prometheus metric to track how much files we uploaed to S3 or added to the database. This will be useful to track the usefulness of parallel S3 upload once we land it.

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 799f5d214405ed3a32fb5616791d83382c4becef

Merge pull request #457 from rust-lang/upload-metrics Add a metric on the number of uploaded files

view details

Russell Cousineau

commit sha c95b8bf6e9ba64816b4ede94a4ece8bade6dbaaf

perform s3 uploads in parallel

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha b6e1730ad345e3fa74b9f935c9b1f729561c8e80

fix typo in README `run -p ... web` sends the argument to docker, `run web -p ...` sends the argument to doc.rs

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 162baa85f13d406fd549d3888c67ef967b060828

add FAQ about docker-compose

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 573eaa2ecf021a158ce0d49c281600d410b1b86b

allow running local builds NOTE: this breaks backwards compatibility for build_package

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 0eeedfa6cd469dc489c327da7c1e3a0f4eaddee3

add instructions for building a local package

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 3cd2a42619927a7ae395b53d480421d6345409bb

allow running cargo-update before, cargo-update would give an error about incompatible versions of libgit2-sys

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 65afcd3366d7106d512248034f070a2220b8bf82

now toml 0.4 is only used by rustwide

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha f6dbb6da37a84116ab7dd07467a9dff3c8158058

update minor version of html5ever removed 8 dependencies!

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 85757b5920fec07ed27e9ed6f8a2299037dc0608

remove rusttypes 0.7.9

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 601b6d0a5d4680f5561b4db08e12284eef44bf9f

update params removes 3 dependencies

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 9f2118f8408c5a822263879eb523feaba8455880

update env_logger uses the same version as cargo

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 584cda2931e9ea2c97463cec30e2735f0437352e

don't use two versions of syn and quote this doesn't actually reduce the number of dependencies, since comrak introduces new ones, but it does speed up compile time. Note that removing options.safe is fine since Comrak now makes safe enabled by default.

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 1495f8f4af3e4a477addd5dd3d28ec35fd09c83e

remove unused Cargo dependency

view details

Guillaume Gomez

commit sha 96f00d9ab68814f9407e20407008b68357fe2934

Fix formatting

view details

Guillaume Gomez

commit sha 60ded3b7c061a1d4f7305bf46c34c7d74c058f9a

Fix rustdoc doc container position to avoid having text under the banner

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha da038125dd70f9ade041ce07f0f2119cdc08a75c

Merge pull request #465 from GuillaumeGomez/css-fixups Fix top banner hiding text

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 70df1de1c3bed14033d7eb58d3d2d73b66545909

give a useful error message when rustwide fails to initialize

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha c4d8d5df6016fd37653bdbef8fa48da20550586c

make fields not nullable fixes crash when accessing built local documentation

view details

push time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/team

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 0584bd0a246176f989dd5e79445145f22eb410b7

re-add imperio to the docs.rs team

view details

push time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/rfcs

gnzlbg

commit sha ec42fd0b7fbc0448d1794bfecaa43621eab76814

RFC: mem::black_box and mem::clobber

view details

gnzlbg

commit sha 68b4dde8c709a07a8dcdbae9703e26ec6492b10c

black_box stores back to memory, not registers

view details

Anthony Ramine

commit sha e7fd9c4994680c6b8c2c5d1f91650fee29df90a5

Allow arbitrary enums to have explicit discriminants

view details

Anthony Ramine

commit sha 93f3170880c74d2983a5c36026ea987f2d6f8d01

Add the alternative suggested by @oli-obk

view details

Bryant Mairs

commit sha c5a82cf6757ed4256a02218649ad1c213c9da240

Expand traits implemented by structs within libc

view details

Aaron Turon

commit sha 7d364aa189c1db7c801846a236294e24f58e49f4

RFC: add Async trait and task system to libcore

view details

Aaron Turon

commit sha 0ded7b7aba3a3bc6b4b1b22fe4982839904b1a6a

Revamp RFC to one-trait approach

view details

Simon Sapin

commit sha eca6b28abe7c4e735aa6181a468feed566042ee7

RFC: Stabilize the alloc crate

view details

Simon Sapin

commit sha 34a3a3639f15d73aa2afacef8b011497d24e0ff8

liballoc RFC: avoid suggesting that preludes are associated to crates

view details

Simon Sapin

commit sha 8189a0fcde55a6dbca64e84944eaffe0628c7a44

liballoc: add renaming to unresolved questions

view details

newpavlov

commit sha 800825ccd0f5db7f58a063395dfd02b5b228bb60

msrv

view details

Simon Sapin

commit sha bfd899d47b28d206d82e63e8471cacc4e18f1f7b

liballoc: Mention issue 51540 instead of PR 51607 (which might end up closed)

view details

newpavlov

commit sha 4ec9682a9f2c2697eedbdb06350fa5701fd0e862

drawbacks update

view details

Artyom Pavlov

commit sha f9057da774a1b5fe4dc33f7658fd89f6d024d083

reviews updates

view details

Artyom Pavlov

commit sha a43e9e13055f90b728cdccf46c78a463786806c2

kennytm's review updates

view details

Simon Sapin

commit sha 7934eb372e5089266419aa4f5f1d737573afaf0c

liballoc: rewrite on motivation and alloc crate requirements * Largely rewrite the motivation section to concentrate on the impact on the (crates.io) library ecosystem. * Mention the assumptions/requirements made by the alloc crate: allocator and OOM handler, but not randomness. * Add stabilization of `alloc::prelude` * Discuss alternatives for HashMap in no_std

view details

Artyom Pavlov

commit sha 00a3022176ce22c4c51e75baefdab8756874fc17

fixes, option addition, wording improvements - fixed typo and RFC link - improved wording a bit - added `--check-msrv-toolchain` option ( @phaylon )

view details

kennytm

commit sha d53f3a1f2fe65ec8b718aec5623c11c8225e6ca5

Pattern API v3.0, first draft.

view details

kennytm

commit sha d0782c8bea5fb8de63c1643dc33884f3a356d3f2

Add shallow cloning to unresolved questions.

view details

kennytm

commit sha e10b00481c31bee9e880df603bc09b873693e714

Merge Searcher and Consumer. Explained why Pattern cannot be merged into Searcher. Block on RFC 1672.

view details

push time in 3 months

pull request commentrust-lang/team

spin off docs.rs team from rustdoc team

Hmm, it seems like the new-team proposal is surfacing some related concerns that should probably be resolved before this can be merged. Let me see if i can summarize:

  • A new "Docs.rs Team" doesn't have a clear-cut location
    • It's not a "Dev Tool" so the current proposal (putting it under Dev-Tools) doesn't work
    • Making it standalone (alongside the Crates.io Team) doesn't quite apply because Docs.rs doesn't seem that integral to the project to be a standalone team
      • On the other hand, it's looking like an RFC is likely happening regardless... 🤔
    • Putting it under Infra doesn't quite apply because Infra typically deals with "non-user-facing" infrastructure
  • Adding a new "Docs.rs Team" throws other teams' organization into question
    • With Docs.rs having its own team, should we move Crates.io under the same umbrella? We should bring in that team to the discussion if so: @rust-lang/crates-io
    • Should there be distinct umbrella teams between "backend infra" (server maintenance, CI pipeline, bots for the maintainers) and "frontend infra" (crates.io, docs.rs, hosting for the compiler artifacts, the release process itself)? Should they be distinct organizations, with Infra and Release breaking apart, Infra becoming standalone, and Release becoming the umbrella org for the Triage WG and the "web service" teams?

The last bullet points get at what i think the decision should be (i.e. the RFC that i would write today without other input). Comments made by @nikomatsakis (https://github.com/rust-lang/team/pull/182#issuecomment-554113053) and @Manishearth (https://github.com/rust-lang/team/pull/182#issuecomment-554913768) suggest a potential new "umbrella" team for their notion of "end-user-facing infra". The Release Team is the closest currently-existing analogue i can see that would serve as an umbrella organization, since they already manage the release process, which means that @Mark-Simulacrum would act as Core Team representation for this organization, all other things being equal.

QuietMisdreavus

comment created time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/blog.rust-lang.org

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 80b7f3ee3496b16adf6c6270e81f1ede6c2d0a9e

link to discord channels directly

view details

push time in 3 months

pull request commentrust-lang/team

spin off docs.rs team from rustdoc team

I'm fine with it being standalone - then it would be following the example of the Crates.io Team.

QuietMisdreavus

comment created time in 3 months

PR opened rust-lang/blog.rust-lang.org

Inside Rust: Announcing the Docs.rs Team

This is an announcement post for https://github.com/rust-lang/team/pull/182. I set its "publish date" to tomorrow, but that could be optimistic for the team PR's approval. I can change it if need be.

+28 -0

0 comment

1 changed file

pr created time in 3 months

create barnchQuietMisdreavus/blog.rust-lang.org

branch : docsrs-team-announce

created branch time in 3 months

create barnchQuietMisdreavus/blog.rust-lang.org

branch : master

created branch time in 3 months

pull request commentrust-lang/rust

Stabilize cfg(doc)

Now that https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/66166 is merged, that should give people time to adjust to the new cfg name ahead of its stabilization. Therefore...

@rfcbot resolve cfg-doc-or-cfg-rustdoc

Let's get the FCP started!

GuillaumeGomez

comment created time in 3 months

PR opened rust-lang/team

spin off docs.rs team from rustdoc team

This PR officially creates a new team, the Docs.rs Team, by formally splitting off the responsibilities from the existing Rustdoc Team. While some feature development may have some overlap between these two products, they wind up having totally separate responsibilities in the end.

This creates the following structure:

  • Rustdoc Team (parent team: Dev-Tools)
    • @GuillaumeGomez (lead)
    • @QuietMisdreavus
    • @ollie27
  • Docs.rs Team (parent team: Dev-Tools)
    • @QuietMisdreavus (lead)
    • @onur
    • @pietroalbini

One open question i'd like to pose is what team the Docs.rs team should be child of. I placed it under Dev-Tools since it's splitting off from Rustdoc, and that's where Rustdoc is currently placed, but it doesn't ultimately seem like the right place for it. The best analog i can think of for an existing team to emulate is the Crates.io team, which is directly under Core.

Another notable thing about this PR is that it involves me stepping down from leadership of the Rustdoc Team (even though i would start leading the Docs.rs Team). My involvement in rustdoc-the-tool has been a lot less recently, both because my involvement in the Rust Project has gone down overall and also because i started doing more with Docs.rs specifically. Guillaume is still quite active with Rustdoc, so he's better suited to having organizational say over the team and the tool's direction. This move should help us both out in working on our respective tools and bringing up new contributors.

This also formally recognizes Pietro's work in keeping up the operations of Docs.rs by adding him as a formal team member. He's been helping out Docs.rs a lot from the perspective of the Infra Team, in keeping the service up and running smoothly.

A question i have about the process of creating a new team - should we create the GitHub teams, issue labels, and the email alias ahead of time, or will the backend piece do that for us?

I'd like to get this merged before approving https://github.com/rust-lang/team/pull/181, since it'll let Guillaume have the final say on that.

+29 -3

0 comment

2 changed files

pr created time in 3 months

create barnchQuietMisdreavus/team

branch : docsrs-team

created branch time in 3 months

push eventQuietMisdreavus/team

Joe Clay

commit sha 25889929a9a093016fccc09741bde294c303f4d4

Add gamedev working group discord link

view details

Jonathan Turner

commit sha 470fe6bd3048802cdfc32f4909b36578f427b5ed

Remove jonathandturner from community team

view details

Robin Kruppe

commit sha 6db5f27b3441186387d023a5681719f3dd24c3f3

Add myself to LLVM ICE-breakers

view details

Jonathan Turner

commit sha 0cecc095c34f563d0069180cf1835b4ed112ad61

Remove jonathandturner from the survey team

view details

Jonathan Turner

commit sha 9de805a6b3c2baa7f21c451f405fa69699e576f4

Merge branch 'master' into patch-2

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 85138d61fb1b86c1da04004d8f66d5ab43902d9e

add github team sync to rustdoc team

view details

Yuki Okushi

commit sha 49802377a07bbd65d8492b1131cdd038c542c51e

Rename nerdyvaishali to v-thakkar

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 52e03c26bffe7d7ce6fb4ef0f987bf4ee6c7154e

Merge pull request #149 from JohnTitor/rename Rename nerdyvaishali to v-thakkar

view details

marisa

commit sha c69428270d7626be8536544b76e9a28109fef865

Community team updates - Remove Ashley from team lead position - Add fmoko to RustBridge email list - Add [github] section to community teams

view details

Sven Marnach

commit sha 29dd5cf47c7ae3438e3c4fb82124a489146a7ff1

Give smarnach bors permissions on crates.io.

view details

ashley williams

commit sha 11cd9b51a5eab6b7cf40d477ddd1398abb3b93d4

Merge pull request #138 from fmoko/master Community team updates

view details

Niko Matsakis

commit sha e3da048e572309ae7889d9c2b701e5bd78d32bd1

adjust governance wg membership Some people stepped back And @XAMPPRocky has been quite involved

view details

Niko Matsakis

commit sha 46f04ef4f0eda6e501f6f999bc15e1ea2e48d936

extend so that the team is reflected on github

view details

Niko Matsakis

commit sha ae366c718ef121d3d4d3109529c4c5815d6f21f3

Merge pull request #147 from jonathandturner/patch-4 Remove jonathandturner from the survey team

view details

Niko Matsakis

commit sha 15bc8e444084e71b29d2e1696c6d37784d6ea16c

Merge pull request #141 from rkruppe/patch-1 Add myself to LLVM ICE-breakers

view details

Niko Matsakis

commit sha a3f9135ea1f2fcadf47483328ba1966133068dfd

Merge pull request #128 from 17cupsofcoffee/patch-1 Add gamedev working group discord link

view details

Niko Matsakis

commit sha 3ba315fe0131ebc8edffdbe4baf8e6ebbfa2ac59

Merge pull request #130 from jonathandturner/patch-2 Remove jonathandturner from community team

view details

Niko Matsakis

commit sha 915c5d67417aad4911b7e7028510413ce8d3e5b8

Merge pull request #151 from rust-lang/wg-governance-membership adjust governance wg membership

view details

Manish Goregaokar

commit sha 3ee40cf89416a0d633ba8ba7cc672cdc3a2ccb75

Fixup devtools team github perms

view details

Maxwell Anderson

commit sha d4215e3ed4d5dfbc2a74c9edac178ec14d4d24dd

fixed typo in wg-gamedev.toml

view details

push time in 3 months

push eventrust-lang/docs.rs

Joshua Nelson

commit sha ec2839bb0bf32bcc66726d1d30eca9bd820c5d76

Keep the subpage when going to latest version Addresses https://github.com/rust-lang/docs.rs/issues/200 If the page does not exist on the latest version, searches for a page with that title.

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 2baaf75cb03bf7195947ebe46c77b8eee69a27ae

allow optional commas for migration macro

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha b9e0be59343b51a4c91a064f7355df03737af60a

make target_name non-nullable

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 9f1dc7d055b775971fd8c22f9ebf1cd3ac7de711

fix broken link in the wrong circumstances Previously, if 1. Going to a new version that 2. Deleted the existing module/item and 3. The user is looking at a platform other than the default, then the link was wrong. This is now fixed.

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha e862706c5fb6785baf65c54904832719ce2fc2c5

refactor logic into a function

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 735e7c6d220b785886c85283fba2a6e556295e51

fix comments and doc comments

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 295f5dd057f7243e13668d91e895abcda01d5ef6

use early return to make function easier to read

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 7772d13df16c53b43726268e1740677a10b31b13

improve doc-comment some more

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha d9d7a33fc4405c2385aff0200b049181f6dbf83f

Merge pull request #454 from jyn514/latest-version Keep the subpage when going to latest version

view details

push time in 3 months

PR merged rust-lang/docs.rs

Keep the subpage when going to latest version

Addresses https://github.com/rust-lang/docs.rs/issues/200

If the page does not exist on the latest version, searches for a page with that title.

~~TODO: If

  1. Going to a new version that
  2. Deleted the existing module/item and
  3. The user is looking at a platform other than the default, then the link will be wrong (it will not include the name of the crate).~~

The solution is to check if req_path[3] is the crate name or the platform. Once this is done, https://github.com/rust-lang/docs.rs/issues/200#issuecomment-544033326 will be trivial to fix.

This is fixed, see below.

+61 -9

6 comments

4 changed files

jyn514

pr closed time in 3 months

Pull request review commentrust-lang/docs.rs

Keep the subpage when going to latest version

 pub fn rustdoc_html_server_handler(req: &mut Request) -> IronResult<Response> {      content.full = file_content;     let crate_details = cexpect!(CrateDetails::new(&conn, &name, &version));-    let latest_version = latest_version(&crate_details.versions, &version);+    let (path, version) = if let Some(version) = latest_version(&crate_details.versions, &version) {+        req_path[2] = &version;+        (path_for_version(&req_path, &crate_details.target_name, &conn), version)+    } else {+        Default::default()+    };      content.crate_details = Some(crate_details);      Page::new(content)         .set_true("show_package_navigation")         .set_true("package_navigation_documentation_tab")         .set_true("package_navigation_show_platforms_tab")-        .set_bool("is_latest_version", latest_version.is_none())-        .set("latest_version", &latest_version.unwrap_or(String::new()))+        .set_bool("is_latest_version", path.is_empty())+        .set("path_in_latest", &path)+        .set("latest_version", &version)         .to_resp("rustdoc") } -+fn path_for_version(req_path: &[&str], target_name: &str, conn: &Connection) -> String {

Can this function get a doc comment? Something like this would work:

/// Checks whether the given path (including version and target information) exists. Crate target
/// name is used to confirm whether a platform triple is part of the path.
///
/// Returns a path that can be appended to `/crate/version/` to create a complete URL.
jyn514

comment created time in 3 months

Pull request review commentrust-lang/docs.rs

Keep the subpage when going to latest version

 pub fn rustdoc_html_server_handler(req: &mut Request) -> IronResult<Response> {      content.full = file_content;     let crate_details = cexpect!(CrateDetails::new(&conn, &name, &version));-    let latest_version = latest_version(&crate_details.versions, &version);+    let (path, version) = if let Some(version) = latest_version(&crate_details.versions, &version) {+        req_path[2] = &version;+        (path_for_version(&req_path, &crate_details.target_name, &conn), version)+    } else {+        Default::default()+    };      content.crate_details = Some(crate_details);      Page::new(content)         .set_true("show_package_navigation")         .set_true("package_navigation_documentation_tab")         .set_true("package_navigation_show_platforms_tab")-        .set_bool("is_latest_version", latest_version.is_none())-        .set("latest_version", &latest_version.unwrap_or(String::new()))+        .set_bool("is_latest_version", path.is_empty())+        .set("path_in_latest", &path)+        .set("latest_version", &version)         .to_resp("rustdoc") } -+fn path_for_version(req_path: &[&str], target_name: &str, conn: &Connection) -> String {+    if File::from_path(&conn, &req_path.join("/")).is_some() {+        req_path[3..].join("/") // NOTE: this adds 'index.html' if it wasn't there before+    } else { // this page doesn't exist in the latest version+        let search_item = if *req_path.last().unwrap() == "index.html" { // this is a module

Style nit: Can these comments be given their own lines? I prefer to see explanatory comments on their own line above or inside the relevant line or block. For example:

    if File::from_path(&conn, &req_path.join("/")).is_some() {
        // NOTE: this adds 'index.html' if it wasn't there before
        req_path[3..].join("/")
    } else {
        // this page doesn't exist in the latest version
        let search_item = if *req_path.last().unwrap() == "index.html" {
            // this is a module
            req_path[req_path.len() - 2]
        } else {
            // this is an item
            req_path.last().unwrap().split('.').nth(1)
                .expect("paths should be of the form <class>.<name>.html")
        };
        // check if req_path[3] is the platform choice or the name of the crate
        let concat_path;
        let crate_root = if req_path[3] != target_name {
            concat_path = format!("{}/{}", req_path[3], req_path[4]);
            &concat_path
        } else {
            req_path[3]
        };
        format!("{}/?search={}", crate_root, search_item)
    }
jyn514

comment created time in 3 months

pull request commentrust-lang/rust

rename cfg(rustdoc) into cfg(doc)

@bors r+

GuillaumeGomez

comment created time in 3 months

pull request commentrust-lang/rust

Stabilize cfg(doc)

@GuillaumeGomez and i talked some more about the naming concern, and decided to rename the attribute outside this PR, just so we can dodge the "name change and stabilize at the same time" issue by renaming it ahead of time. He volunteered to open the PR.

GuillaumeGomez

comment created time in 4 months

pull request commentrust-lang/rust

Stabilize cfg(doc)

After talking with @GuillaumeGomez on Discord, i've gone ahead and pushed up a commit that moves the docs onto a new page. Therefore...

@rfcbot resolve where-do-the-docs-go

GuillaumeGomez

comment created time in 4 months

push eventGuillaumeGomez/rust

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha 2ddb67422516292fac24ee0de0dbd266f84ccca6

move cfg(doc) docs into a separate page

view details

push time in 4 months

pull request commentrust-lang/rust

Stabilize cfg(doc)

Looks like https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/64741 is merged, so that resolves that concern...

@rfcbot resolve cfg-in-doctests

Regarding the change to cfg(doc), would it be better to change that ahead of time (and include some kind of transition warning) or is there enough precedent in changing a thing at the same time as its stabilization? I'm not comfortable doing that kind of change without making sure that we've done something like that before.

And the docs still need to be moved:

For the existing concern where-do-the-docs-go, i agree with @ollie27 here:

As far as where-do-the-docs-go is concerned I think moving the docs for this feature to a new page would be the right thing to do.

We should make a new "Advanced features" page which contains the existing docs being added by this PR, as well as an additional header paragraph mentioning that the features on that page fall outside the other headings. If you want, i can write it for you.

GuillaumeGomez

comment created time in 4 months

MemberEvent

push eventQuietMisdreavus/docs.rs

Joshua Nelson

commit sha fdd128b704c9c530ef10ae020d5ae45db7682e91

allow running commands besides 'daemon'

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha e67c3b8e70a09aab1e401fd632ed3f0749ef8718

make postgress data persistent

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha e5df619127ca3b3fa8824b372478b1c92f3b2c56

update README for docker-compose

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha b07f9ad4ea6a66ab8c6f4af164f0e93e70855c22

make commands copy/paste-able

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha d0db06e2689736789903c4ed5b561502f4e44951

remove add-essential-files command

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha ec190bdd2a8faa5a18e5a350a02d7a64e44da81b

remove outdated instructions for 'doc' subcommand

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha d33e3f2e8292f7e48dacee45ef1740c5f688506f

remove commands that are automatically run

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 1a4dcf811f1d9e2bfced49135bd32111bbe52381

Merge pull request #448 from jyn514/interactive-docker Allow using docker interactively

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha f04b4aecf0830aedcd82d2ca5c0ee51bbf239efa

Remove unused vagrantfile Since it's not working and also not mentioned in the README, there's no reason to keep it around

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 67176f49aefb010c6d0e43e5cfa22abe65e4b787

Merge pull request #450 from jyn514/no-vagrant Remove unused vagrantfile

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 89aa564e3f49cbcb108854c8fe5d0295aa4c757a

don't rebuild when the templates change This speeds up development, especially since docker always builds in release mode.

view details

Joshua Nelson

commit sha 13da9fc57837294f83e5eadbf87db8331c9dab86

don't rebuild `build.rs` if it hasn't been modified Copy and `touch` `build.rs` before copying source

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 7b6ad2cd139f4e4ea3cadc63af1e814efa5ef33c

Merge pull request #452 from jyn514/docker-caching [docker] Don't rebuild when the templates change

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha a744b81a7a783fa4701e883f783cb3beff28846d

ci: switch to github actions

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha ffe043c00e5016cdc010bb87b8a6e1378e0fd876

Merge pull request #453 from rust-lang/github-actions ci: switch to github actions

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 93f3cf2fbdec4b8273e8bbba20f7eee62cdadf18

add an ignored directory to store non-docker data dirs If someone also builds docs.rs outside of Docker they need to have a place to store the prefix and the rustwide workspace. This commit adds a directory named ignored to both the gitignore and the dockerignore.

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha a94a6ee84eca34713283b78f8a325a29b8352df9

docker: don't store data in the cratesfyi home directory

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha 28c594c14d05353b1a014f789a48a214bbe4ddb5

docker: remove the cratesfyi user The user is not actually used to run the application (is run as root), but only during parts of the build process. It's not really needed, so this removes it.

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha e20572a8bed0297093db7db2f964e91b6a1d5f7b

docker: move environment variables around - The CRATESFYI_CONTAINER_NAME variable was removed as it's not needed anymore. - The CRATESFYI_DATABASE_URL variable was moved to docker-compose.yml as it's only correct when starting the website with it. - The CRATESFYI_GITHUB_USERNAME and CRATESFYI_GITHUB_ACCESSTOKEN variables were moved to a new, gitignored .env file in the root of the repository, to allow people changing them without accidentally committing them. - The DOCS_RS_DOCKER variable was moved to the entrypoint just to remove yet another useless layer from the image.

view details

Pietro Albini

commit sha d89338b9cb778b6f060e9400173ee8864ec12c6a

docker: remove most of the prefix initialization

view details

push time in 4 months

push eventrust-lang/docs.rs

Maarten de Vries

commit sha 41ec5f347471432e244c42a6dd1c794f42c385a4

Parse URL for rustlang.org redirector once.

view details

QuietMisdreavus

commit sha d29b3b83e9c2eef05bd0b8a438f97a1d2b5f69be

Merge pull request #456 from fusion-engineering-forks/rustlang-redirector-parse-once Parse URL for rustlang.org redirector once.

view details

push time in 4 months

PR merged rust-lang/docs.rs

Parse URL for rustlang.org redirector once.

A colleague of mine pointed out that the rustlang redirector could have parsed the URL once in the new function. She was right, so this PR moves the URL building from the handle function to the new function.

Even though the parsing/joining/converting can't really fail, now at-least it would do so at startup, rather than during a request. And it's technically more efficient, even though I'm pretty sure nobody will ever notice.

+9 -9

0 comment

1 changed file

de-vri-es

pr closed time in 4 months

startedrust-lang/docs.rs

started time in 4 months

Pull request review commentrust-lang/docs.rs

Improve Dockerfile

 services:             - ".rustwide:/home/cratesfyi/rustwide"         environment:             CRATESFYI_RUSTWIDE_WORKSPACE: /home/cratesfyi/rustwide+            CRATESFYI_DATABASE_URL: postgresql://cratesfyi:password@db+        env_file:+            - .env

I think it's fine from a user-experience standpoint to require the cp step. Generally speaking, "repo setup" steps like this are not that bad IMO, since they're going to be performed once per clone, so you can just set it and forget it. If you miss it, i'm assuming docker-compose will yell about the missing file so you can check the README or remember the copy step there.

pietroalbini

comment created time in 4 months

more